Match fishing

Ryanrecon

Ryan

where did you fish ? how many were fishing, was it easy fishing or tough going

Fished my first match today , won my section and came 4 good day one carp the rest skimmers , bream roach and Rudd
Great fun

Klaus

Must have been a hard day at Wood Lane. Wins are usually over 100lb of carp on pellet waggler, or method feeder. Even the silvers are in double figures. Maybe I might stand a chance with my bread punch.

Yeh the winning bag was only 28lb

Maggots seem to be the best bait

The guy next to me fished bread but not much joy

The carp were hard to temp , peg 8 was the best the wind seemed to miss that side and the temp was better that side without the wind hitting you

I hardly managed to use the pole as the side wind would take every time I shipped out

Well done anyway on your result. It's a good place to fish a match, at least you know you will catch some fish. I live in Bracknell and have plenty of good free fishing without driving far. The punch works well for me round here.