Do You Think

Stoaty

Do you think that the reason that the whiting are long and skinny and the codling thin on the ground in the thames estuary, is that the hoards of bass have eaten all the food??sharky.gif

Maybe we need a cull.

Or am I just being mischievious.hook1.gif

Edited by Stoaty

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoaty?

I think we need a Bass cull, before they get out of hand!

Before celebrity chefs put bass on the menu, no commercials fished for them. Suddenly we`ve got to protect them?

Bass are not hard to hook. And they cover your kitchen in scales!!

Apart from the fact, that they don`t even taste that nice.

Recipe.

Cover the fish with sprigs of rosemary and thyme. Sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil. Wrap in foil and bake at gas mark 6 in the centre of the oven for 25 mins.

Cut several large potatoes in long strips. Place them in a deep fat fryer at maximum heat for 3mins. Extract the fried potatoes, call them chips and place on a large pre-heated dinner plate.

Take the fish out of the oven. Strain the juice and pour it over the chips.

Give the fish to any neighbours cat you hate!!!

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Stoaty?

I think we need a Bass cull, before they get out of hand!

Before celebrity chefs put bass on the menu, no commercials fished for them. Suddenly we`ve got to protect them?

Bass are not hard to hook. And they cover your kitchen in scales!!

Apart from the fact, that they don`t even taste that nice.

Recipe.

Cover the fish with sprigs of rosemary and thyme. Sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil. Wrap in foil and bake at gas mark 6 in the centre of the oven for 25 mins.

Cut several large potatoes in long strips. Place them in a deep fat fryer at maximum heat for 3mins. Extract the fried potatoes, call them chips and place on a large pre-heated dinner plate.

Take the fish out of the oven. Strain the juice and pour it over the chips.

Give the fish to any neighbours cat you hate!!!

[Offensive remark edited. If you have a problem with Stoaty, leave it to emails or pm's. We do not want to see remarks like that on here - John S]

Edited by John S

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Do you think that the reason that the whithing are long and skinny and the codling thin on the ground in the thames estuary, is that the hoards of bass have eaten all the food??sharky.gif

Maybe we need a cull.

I'll go with mischievious :D I did once ask what the effect of protecting one species while its business as usual on all the rest would mean. No answers for some strange reason.....

:(

Are the bass looking fit and healthy? Maybe its just their moment? :)

Christ knows what they are living on when the Telegraph continues to claim we are missing 750000 million tonnes of sandeel :Dhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...worldmanagement Anyone got a management plan for the Bone eating snot flower though; does it need some big brown eyes, a disney film or some economic value :)

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Christ knows what they are living on when the Telegraph continues to claim we are missing 750000 million tonnes of sandeel

The thing about the small bass is they can be found a very long way up the rivers. We get small bass up the medway almost as far as maidstone. Almost in freshwater. I know they go well up the orwell and stour as well. This far up river their diet is elvers, baby flounders, dabs, etc. I reckon by encouraging the bass we may have stuffed up some other species. 20 years ago we had no where near the number of bass we have now. I think we have to consider the possibility that we have too many bass. Not popular I know. But there are millions of them here and people should know this.

The thing about the small bass is they can be found a very long way up the rivers. We get small bass up the medway almost as far as maidstone. Almost in freshwater. I know they go well up the orwell and stour as well. This far up river their diet is elvers, baby flounders, dabs, etc. I reckon by encouraging the bass we may have stuffed up some other species. 20 years ago we had no where near the number of bass we have now. I think we have to consider the possibility that we have too many bass. Not popular I know. But there are millions of them here and people should know this.

You are clearly insane. Mother knows best ;)

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Do you think that the reason that the whiting are long and skinny and the codling thin on the ground in the thames estuary, is that the hoards of bass have eaten all the food??sharky.gif

Maybe we need a cull.

You mischievious little monkey stoaty, i think you will find that you yourself and everyone on this planet that drives a car powered by a combustion engine and uses anything that burns fossil fuels are part to blame for the changing times around us including specie changes in our oceans, bass are just one of these events due to global warming, you want to be thankful they are not bluefish like in some other areas of our sea's they would make short work of whats left in in old farther thames.

You are gonna have to lump it me old matey it is the signs of the future and bass will replace the cod and are there to stay for quite a while until perhaps something else takes its place later with the rapid continued changes, who knows maybe even the the salt water scissor toothed bluefish? then you will have something to worry about :(

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly