new float rod advice

bettsybetts

A friend of mine recently got a mch 3 in the 15ft version for £50 and it does seem wel worth the price. I know your not looking for a 15 footer but the mach 3's are made in various sizes so you should be caterd for. If I where you i'd got for a 13ft model rather than 12.

• 2 months later...

What did you get in the end and what are your impressions?

I took my own advice and bought an 11ft Mach 3 pellet waggler.

Yes I will use it for pellet waggler fishing but also needed a short waggler rod for float fishing tight swims where I struggle with my 13ft Map rods.

It came in a rod bag with rod wraps, inside a plastic storage tube, inside its own ready rod bag.

Specs (on below link) include Fuji guides, a good reel seat and decent cork/carbon is used.

For a rod that cost me less than 50.00 brand new I am very impressed with it indeed.

Can see why this rod is classed as One of the best 11ft P/W rods out there.

Not sure why picture is three piece as the rod is a two piece?

http://www.cheshirefishingtackle.co.uk/shakespearemach311ftpelletwagglerrod/prod_228.html

Edited by RUDD

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

• 1 month later...

Please not the Avanti, I have used and have a number of waggler rods, and without a doubt my favourtie rod has to be the Daiwa Proteus range, the blank is very very good, and is at home with fishing for 'silvers' or even smaller Tench with the rod that has the 2lb to 4lb bs line range. Bit beyond your target price but look at a second hand one if you can

To be honest I don't like 'Shaky' gear at all, and Avanti is just cheap tat, far better to spend a few quid more and look at Daiwa, Drennan or Shimano.