Goverment to give your medical records to tom dick and harry

big_cod

Watching the bbc news this morning the goverment are to make your medical records accessible to insurance companys and anybody by the sounds of it the only way you can stop this is to opt out where in my book they should only happen if you opt in not out very clever and very naughty by the goverment.

I think a lot of people will not be very happy about this the insurance companys will be dancing makes you wonder just who is pulling strings in this country it stinks.

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Could you explain in simple English what you are talking about? I'm more than a little confused.

" the goverment are to make your medical records accessible to insurance companys and anybody" makes it sound like I could get your medical information assuming I wanted it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

They call it "interested third parties" Newt ,generally anyone that has the slightest reason to want it but more importantly the money to pay for it.

I opted out when there was a decision to have your records in a central location but like opting out from voting list i have no doubt it will appear in the sold version ,everyone is at it ,police flog your address via dvlc ,insurance companies exchange data ,banks even councils flog data ,its a lucrative business

If ofcourse the insurance companies get a sniff of them then i have no doupt there will be a uninsurable class where pre existing medical condition make the odds go against the insurance companies and they will refuse to insure you without the palava of reading your forms to see if your telling the truth ,if you have xx,cc,dd,etc etc your not covered

Wait to see when your genetic code is routinely kept boy how much money would be made flogging that info ,the police are stockpiling a great deal of data now! ,the insurers could not only refuse you on preexisting medical risk but potential future risk ,more like they would take your money but hide away in the small print we never read a loophole saying they will refuse to pay out on a disease revealed you may get in the future ,all those years of contibutions then when you need the money "sorry sir didnt you read clause 8952,para 2" and you get f all

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

To clarify, Newt; the UK government is trying to amalgamate all of the National Health Service patient records in one central database.

It is proposed to make anonymised data available to third parties for purposes such as epidemiological studies.

Personally, so long as the records remain anonymous, I think this is a good thing. More data for medical research is good for us all.

I suggest you read the following care-data.info/ this will explain more.

My apologies as the link doesnt seem to work properly. If anyone can correct please do.

I would also point out that this is being run by a firm called ATOS. Who are also responisble for the medical screening for benefit claimants. If the stories we hear about the way thats run raises questions about this care.data.

Edited by grumpybum

To clarify, Newt; the UK government is trying to amalgamate all of the National Health Service patient records in one central database.

It is proposed to make anonymised data available to third parties for purposes such as epidemiological studies.

Personally, so long as the records remain anonymous, I think this is a good thing. More data for medical research is good for us all.

You're a trusting soul Steve if you think that will happen.

I'm opting out of the scheme, but I doubt that will keep my records secure.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

they already have and know exactly who you are, where you are at any one time, phone and number plate, what's the problem with the medical records, why are they required to be so secretive and what difference does it make. Is it not just an easy way for the likes of the insurance co's preventing scams? So what's the problem?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

You're a trusting soul Steve if you think that will happen.

I'm opting out of the scheme, but I doubt that will keep my records secure.

It's a risk I'm willing to take, John, because I think medical research is very important.

If you believe any of that rubbish i feel sorry for you ,the opt out was given a couple of years ago and the subsequent online data base failed miserably (ask any doctor) ,ofcourse your data is not in the care of the NHS so they can say they themselves wont flog it its in the care of whoever flogs and maintains the system to them ,as for being illegal then the dvla ,the police ,insurance companies ,councils then must be acting illegally ,the data protection act has so many loopholes its non existant to anyone

We know a central database is risky historically so we know unless the person in charge is stupid (therefore should not be in charge of anything) or hes getting a fat brown envelope from whoever is maintaining the potential database and the many thousands of people (if its true) making your data "anonymous" probably a lot of dodgy agency bods so poorly paid a few dvds of data going missing will pay off their debts ,dodgy as you can get

Its bad enough out details land up in china via "recycling" companies shipping container loads of paper to pretend its "green" and laptops and dvds going missing "accidentally" so why make it easy putting all your nhs eggs in one basket ?

The forms on here (note the date at the bottom of this page) but i note even if you opted out its at the discretion of the surgery ,so much for choice

http://www.nhscarerecords.nhs.uk/optout

Because of my mrs ongoing health issues she decided to keep hers ,we had a printout of it as evidence for dwp and its not just the pills you are on but everything medically you could think off including ones you wouldnt want to be seen ,if its all out there anyone can see it despite the assurances

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson