Outlook Express

Andrew

I can recieve e mail but i cannot send !!!!

I keep getting this error message when i attempt to send e mail

An unknown error has occurred. Subject '', Account: 'pop.freeserve.net', Server: 'smtp.freeserve.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Error: Message content rejected', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69

Please have you got any idea.:(

I rang my ISP, 3 times today, no luck, uninstall and reinstall my connection, done it, etc, now i've been told i need to re install OE :o

Any help will be greatfully recieved

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mate,

According to the error number it says mail box not found,

Double dutch to me :o i take it that i dont have a mail box any more with OE !!!!

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Hi all

i had this a while ago and i cannot recall what solved it.:(

you have tried most things id have suggested so ummmmmm.

my sister just bought a mesh computer and the modem was broke(after hours of trying) but now mesh have replaced it,it dials up and has dns errors etc and dissconnects almost straight away?

still havnt got her online.

even loading the isp disc doenst help as its setup (bt icon on desktop)but it wont do anything?.:(damn things

good luck if i remember il post it

sorry couldnt help

sg

Port: 25, Secure(SSL):

Your ISP may not require SSL so I'd try turning it off. Don't have OE handy to give you details but it should be a setting with your mail account that you can toggle on and off.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Andrew,

Open Outlook Express

Click on Tools

Click on Accounts

Click on Mail

Click on your email account

Click on Properties

Click on Servers

In the POP3 box type this: pop.wanadoo.co.uk

In the SMTP box type this: smtp.wanadoo.co.uk

Hope this helps

In the POP3 box type this: pop.wanadoo.co.uk

In the SMTP box type this: smtp.wanadoo.co.uk

I had (pop.freeserve.net) incoming

Outgoing smtp.freeserve.net.

The kind people at wanadoo nust have changed the settings overnight

That was the problem Ian, i had the old freeserve.net in the boxes.

I worked that out, so why the hell did they not know that at the call centre :angry:

Thanks chaps :D problem solved :D:D:D

Hell my head hurts, most of my hair, ( what i had left ) is on the floor :P:P

“Vescere bracis meis”

I've sent them a not very HAPPY E MAIL this mornng, i wonder if i get a reply, i told them about the un install and re install my BB, and that one of the agents told me that my MODEM was broken because i did not have two solid GREEN LIGHTS, how the heck could i have two solid green lights when it was disconected !! she forgot that we had un installed my BB, pathetic.

I await for a reply :D:D:D

The call centre, well where other than Asia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

“Vescere bracis meis”

Am surprised you got through to wonkanuts help desk at all, must have had trainning on that ringing thing on the desk.

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

I was rather suprised melpen :o , and even more suprised at what they told me to do. :angry::angry: ,

“Vescere bracis meis”