Outlook Express

Andrew

I had (pop.freeserve.net) incoming

Outgoing smtp.freeserve.net.

The kind people at wanadoo nust have changed the settings overnight

Overnight? Didn't they change to Wannadoo years ago? :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they did Elton, but why did they take that long to change from freeserve.net to wanadoo.net ?????????

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Yes they did Elton, but why did they take that long to change from freeserve.net to wanadoo.net ?????????

It's possible that they announced it ages ago and you missed it. They would hqave kept the old system running for a while.

Just a theory :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

More than likely mate.

But why the hell did the "agents" not know the score, ???????????? all they wanted me to do was to un install my BB conection then re install,then send myself an e mail, one of them even suggested my MODEM was busted LMAO one wanted me to get OE re installed !!!!!!!!!!!!.

Anyways still no reply from em :(:(:(

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Just to clear this up for any other Freeserve/Wanadoo users -

The email settings are as follows:

POP3: pop.wanadoo.co.uk OR pop.freeserve.com

SMTP: smtp.wanadoo.co.uk OR smtp.freeserve.com

Note that the wanadoo mail servers are .co.uk and the freeserve mailservers are .com .......go figure.

Don't forget that your user name should look like this: yourname.wanadoo.co.uk

Andrew, where you were going wrong was using .net....that's the part they probably changed without telling you.

Edited by Ian FG

Ian when i put

POP3: pop.freeserve.com

smtp.freeserve.com

My e mail does not work ??????????

It only works with

POP3: pop.wanadoo.co.uk

SMTP: smtp.wanadoo.co.uk

“Vescere bracis meis”

Sure is buddy :D

“Vescere bracis meis”

Now i'm mad :angry: , it went off again, i called the help centre, India again, went thru all the rigmarole, then i sort of lost my rag and DEMANDED to be put thru to someone in the UK.

It worked so here's the story again.

Explained all the stuff yet again, can we just go thru some little details, yes we can i said what would you like me to do, First off can we do !!!!!!11 i stopped her and said ok i'll do it !!!! OH you know what to do, YES i said, i'm sick to death of doing it, :angry:

I then told her i have been on the phone for over TWO HOURS to sort this out, then she went on to say about re installin OE,

Look i said, if i dont get this sorted i WILL CANCEL my order with you, RIGHT NOW, i've been a customer with you for the past 6 years,

Oh right, change of voice tone from her.

Right can you do this for me, i said it depends on what it is, if its the same stuff as i've been doing then the answer is NO.

It turned out to be something new,

To cut a long story short i had a corrupt file in my OE !!!!!!

Lets see how long it lasts, if i get another 0x800CCC69 error message again i'm off to another ISP

Edited by Andrew

“Vescere bracis meis”

The reason i left wontawork is because i used 2 e-mail addresses 1 was with freeserve the other was a german e-mail address when i tried to send an e-mail using my german e-mail, it wont work, because they will not allow what is known as tunneling, so changed to tiscali now ok.

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.