Tope from Isle of Whithorn

Glasgowdan

Hi guys,

Ill be out of whithorn in a couple of weeks and wonder if anyone could possibly direct me to tope grounds from the harbour. I know you dont have to go far, and Ive fished there a couple of times before, but not on my own boat. What direction from the harbour are there some marks and what depth am I looking for? Thanks a lot, cheers, Dan

dan.

there are a few good tope marks around the isle of whithorn for the tope, one is .. straight out of the harbour for about 3 miles south, its called the banks, good mark for tope , huss, thornback,,the marker bouy in luce bay is one of the better shots, even come into wigtown bay for the tope, bass,smoothounds, i should have the charts , from when i worked on the charter boat there.

thanks for the replies guys, good to know there are people willing to help. I might get the boat out of isle of whithorn this weekend. is there anyone else with a launchable boat that might want to head out too? I feel these things are better with small groups.

Hey Dan if I was at my caravan in Drummore I would drive around the bay to you if you wanted some crew. Bet Manxman gave you some good info.

Tight lines mate,looking forward to your report :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

No sorry never boat fished there

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy