Blankety blank cheque book and pen

underwaterimage

If your fishing an area which is exposed at low tide go and have alook at where you are throwing your bait.

What you are looking for varies from mark to mark and different species will turn up at different times of the year.

If you have done coarse fishing where you look for good or likely swims, you will find the sea is no different apart from being a bit bigger and harder to define.

A lot of misguided people still look upon sea fishing as chuck and hope, they are wrong as this site proves.

Where do you fish?

[ 03. February 2005, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: Ken Davison South Wales ]

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Cheers everyone, so far i have only fished Shoreham Harbour arm during daylight on all kinds of tides. Never dries out but the lads on the arm reckon night time is best. Been out about eight times and have caught a single fish on four occasions (Scorpion fish, rockling, whiting and a small bass)

Best regards

Sean Clark

www.underwaterimage.co.uk

sean@underwaterimage.co.uk

I have looked at the map and there is the river Adur estuary running into the back of the harbour.

It could be worth a look up the estuary for flounders they can work well this time of the year.

I do not know that particular area so some local advise is needed. Tackle shops can be a good place to start.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Fishing varies wildly around my coast in terms of what can be caught and when e.g possibly a 4 month differential on when cod could be caught 30 miles round the coast; and hence what tactics, rigs and bait to use. I would advise you strongly to seek and follow local advice. I couldn't realistically tell you where to start. I've been fishing and bagged up when those around me have almost blanked and the reverse has happenend. Why? I don't know ..... but that's fishing.

• 4 years later...

Quite a few people were reading this thread yesterday. Do you think they were after cod, or something from this page? :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Quite a few people were reading this thread yesterday. Do you think they were after cod, or something from this page? :D

Came to read some quality advice :rolleyes::lol: or tripping down memory lane :lol:

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Even dehydrated dried lug.

Why?????

For God's sake why don't folks who spend money and time to fish, bother to get good fresh bait.

I do confess that when I lived in the heartland of Essex, I thought nothing of heading (off course) to West Mersea to dig lug for 2hrs.

Then, travel to Walton on Naze (or Dover on the neaps) and fish from Friday night till Sunday morn.

Loadsa effort; loadsa fish.

Dehydrated dried what???????

Blah!

luglatest.jpg

Quadruple your catches by making the effort!

It's all about bait and timing.

By the way, December is one of the best months on the S Coast, Sam.

:thumbs:

Why?????

BIG SNIP

By the way, December is one of the best months on the S Coast, Sam.

:thumbs:

:clap: I know, I managed to get out for a couple of hours between storms, bait, frozen lug, squid and blueys, blueys only for one cast as fox stole them. Had a fish a chuck, big pout and whiting, sometimes double shots on 3/0 hooks, ran out of bait after 2 hours so went home, happy but cold. :sun: