Government gives go ahead for New Cormorant and Goosander Management Plan

Matthew Simmons

Imo there are far greater threats to fish than birds and other natural wildlife. God only knows what's been released (and legally) into the rivers while the floods have washed it all away nicely. It is common knowladge that sewage works etc can release all kinds of nasties when the rivers are up and flowing and the fish casualties would never been seen by anyone.

Anglers are their own worst enemy harping on about otters, cormorants and such and eventually they will be the downfall of the sport spouting their biased ill informed nonsense.

• Like 6

best one for me is the middle avon restoration project where they lambasted the thieving cormorant nicking all the roach, bl@@dy clever them birds the missed all the dace. Still bet the trust are happy that they can now see more cormorants shot. Bet the campaigns geezer salter is dancing a jig with their good news, let the killing commence.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hard to know what to make of it.

After many years of reading about Cormorants, it seems to me no-one knows how many we have or how much damage they really do.

But I suppose it fits that we still don't know how many will get shot.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Three people get employment as fishery management agents !!!!

but will the red breasted merganser and goldeneye get away with as they look pretty similar ? wonder what crispy gooseander tastes like

Klaus

There's certainly something going on in our rivers at the moment - maybe its a combination of factors and I cant help thinking that the huge numbers of signals we have down here is reducing the number of fish eggs allowed to hatch. Its interesting that dace seem to be OK but roach have gone awol.

And from evidence of the local commercial fishery, cormorants certainly hit his silver fish stocking really hard.

The key to me is balance. I don't have a problem with wild otters as long as they are left to their own devices - they fill a niche and are supposed to be there. Cormorants and Signals are not and I believe its the combination of all these together that is hurting our ecology down here (can't speak for anywhere north of watford!) - we really need to understand what is really going on but I see the massive roosts of cormorants on the Thames and its catchment and I think we should definitely make a start there.

M

Its interesting that dace seem to be OK but roach have gone awol.

And from evidence of the local commercial fishery, cormorants certainly hit his silver fish stocking really hard.

The key to me is balance. I don't have a problem with wild otters as long as they are left to their own devices - they fill a niche and are supposed to be there. Cormorants and Signals are not and I believe its the combination of all these together that is hurting our ecology down here (can't speak for anywhere north of watford!) - we really need to understand what is really going on but I see the massive roosts of cormorants on the Thames and its catchment and I think we should definitely make a start there.

hummmm, river avon, cormorants have decimated the roach but left the dace, Here's another to consider, radipole lakes, advertised as a really good roach fishery, Installed right above this fishery is drying perches' for the errm cormorants as it's run by the rspb. And just down the road is a massive unprotected mullet fishery. The roosts of cormorants on the thames are they permanent or the eastern europeon migatory stock, because it is on record by mr salter that the problem is not the indigenous ones but the ones over wintering.

A start, do you mean kill the cormorants, or attempt a fish stock count?

all otters are wild, even the 150 that where released many years ago now.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The ones I see are there all year round! Can't tell if they're eastern european - probably not as they don't seem to have BBQs on the river bank :-)

hummmm, river avon, cormorants have decimated the roach but left the dace, Here's another to consider, radipole lakes, advertised as a really good roach fishery, Installed right above this fishery is drying perches' for the errm cormorants as it's run by the rspb. And just down the road is a massive unprotected mullet fishery. The roosts of cormorants on the thames are they permanent or the eastern europeon migatory stock, because it is on record by mr salter that the problem is not the indigenous ones but the ones over wintering.

A start, do you mean kill the cormorants, or attempt a fish stock count?

all otters are wild, even the 150 that where released many years ago now.

The roosts of cormorants on the thames are they permanent or the eastern europeon migatory stock, because it is on record by mr salter that the problem is not the indigenous ones but the ones over wintering.

Never mind Mr Salter, has anyone told Mr Farage? ;)
  • Like 1

There's certainly something going on in our rivers at the moment - maybe its a combination of factors and I cant help thinking that the huge numbers of signals we have down here is reducing the number of fish eggs allowed to hatch. Its interesting that dace seem to be OK but roach have gone awol.

M

From what I have seen of fishing most of the British Isles over the last 30 odd years, cormorants have been on a steady increase all over it. See plenty on the Irish loughs, Scottish lochs and waters around here.

Roach may not be doing well on some waters south of Watford, but in other parts of the British Isles in the same period of time that cormorants have been doing well the roach have also been doing well. I would be very surprised if there aren't more roach in the British Isles today than there ever has been.

Personally I can't see much sport in shooting cormorants and doubt if many people that have a gun could be bothered with all the agro and therefore very few more than probably already do will get shot anyway.

Are they any good for float making? :)

• Like 2

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep