Pole Elastic

chrislee342

Since taking in the advice I have been out and managed to get my hands on an 8m pole from a friend who no longer used it so thought i would put it to use.

I elasticated the pole with Preston Original Slip size 5 and headed down to my local water with the plan to fish the bread punch.

I started on a 4mm punch and soon switched upto a 5mm as was bringing in tiddlers one after another.

Soon the bigger fish we're coming to the net and I ended up having a great days fishing.

Next time though I will be taking some liqudised bread with me to ball in and see how things go.

This one outing has already changed my way of thinking when it comes to fishing as my days fishing in the cold are nowhere near as productive normally when using a rod.

Cant wait to get back out on the bank again!

Can I have your bank account number and sort code please?

Since taking in the advice I have been out and managed to get my hands on an 8m pole from a friend who no longer used it so thought i would put it to use.

I elasticated the pole with Preston Original Slip size 5 and headed down to my local water with the plan to fish the bread punch.

I started on a 4mm punch and soon switched upto a 5mm as was bringing in tiddlers one after another.

Soon the bigger fish we're coming to the net and I ended up having a great days fishing.

Next time though I will be taking some liqudised bread with me to ball in and see how things go.

This one outing has already changed my way of thinking when it comes to fishing as my days fishing in the cold are nowhere near as productive normally when using a rod.

Cant wait to get back out on the bank again!

Yes the presentation a pole offers can get you a bite in the winter where fishing with a waggler would not.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Keep at it Chris. There is no need to fish right across canals, 8 metres is plenty. I get most of my fish down the inside shelf and in the boat road. Remember with the liquidised, just a small ball to start and only feed when it slows down. Often two feed areas work. Feed one and fish the other. Bread punch is no longer the "secret" method it once was, but it still works, especially where mums bring their kids to feed the ducks. Good Luck.