Sky Bloodsport Ban Poll

mass2k5

Dear Kev,

Way back in March of this year, I sent out a general enquiry to one of the CA's regional organisers asking for general information about what exactly the CA was doing for angling politically. This enquirery was prompted because I was unable to become an individual member of the newly formed FACT (NAA prior to that) and I like the way field sports are 100% united in support of each other whilst angling generally remains pretty disunited outside various attemps made over many years to unite it.

Here is the answer I recieved on the 27th of March 2005;

"Thanks for getting in touch.I am not an angling man myself, so have forwarded this to Kay Chapman (our regional director, but no relative) in the Alliance, who will know much more than I about the Campaign for Angling. I know that the Alliance supports angling vigorously. There is every reason to suppose that angling will be the next target after hunting."

Guess what Kev? I recieved nothing from Kay Chapman.

When the CA finally decides to answer certain questions concerning angling that I've put to them "twice", I "might" decide to either join them or support their various campaigns.

It's also interesting to note, when I sometimes ask questions of a fishing nature from those involved in the running of angling's recently formed FACT, they always reply. Usually within a few hours. If FACT were to offer individual membership, I'd join immediately.

I bet Peter has noted that the fox hunting season has just started. What a coincidence. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Lee.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ferret1959

Should bloodsports be banned outright?

* Yes 25.88% (1,058 votes)

* No 74.11% (3,030 votes)

Total: 4,088

Expires: 05 Dec 2005

Can we please stop using the term "bloodsports' It is an antis term. They are fieldsports.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Anyone know of a good, free, compensation lawyer?

Reading this thread a moment ago I fell unconscious, fell forward heavily onto my keyboard and on coming to my senses found that I had broken my nose.

Blood everywhere, sport...

Must go. I need a little lie-down.

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Stick your head in a bucket of cold water, for 5 minutes, that will stop the bleeding..

Thanks for the tip, rabbit. Five minutes weren't enough, but ten did it.

As a further gesture of profoundest thanks, here is some winter reading for you -

http://seatroutfishing.proboards34.com/ind...read=1130412671

Try replies # 3 and # 6.

Yours in sport etc,

PB

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

So that lets angling out then as it presumably a watersport.

Could well be. Check this out:

BBC - Is the fox hunting ban working

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jsp...=20051105204730

Lots of predictably boring replies, including this one, added: Saturday, 5 November, 2005, 19:54 GMT 19:54 UK:

"When they ban fishing then perhaps the fox hunting will stop. Arrogant left wing nonsense based on no facts whatsoever. If there is no hunting in the city then let those city dwellers just go back there and live.

John Wilson, Norwich"

Surely not?

Could well be. Check this out:

BBC - Is the fox hunting ban working

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jsp...=20051105204730

Lots of predictably boring replies, including this one, added: Saturday, 5 November, 2005, 19:54 GMT 19:54 UK:

"When they ban fishing then perhaps the fox hunting will stop. Arrogant left wing nonsense based on no facts whatsoever. If there is no hunting in the city then let those city dwellers just go back there and live.

John Wilson, Norwich"

Surely not?

And no, AngNet ladies and gentleman, that JW thing was NOT posted by me, or by anybody I know (or by anybody I don't know - Que?). Someone clearly taking the Miguel, somewhere Out East tonight, though.

Edited by Paul Boote