directions / location please

Norfolkdipper

I'm looking in the fens for Vermudens (correct spelling please) dam / dyke. I believe it is West of Chatteris, but not sure.

Fishing is the most peaceful & solitary group activity a going. Every watewr is different every day, thanks for that as same would be boring....

Thanks John. I remember it as a 'T' junction, very square & open. There is a road running along the side, with a large lay-by at the bank's edge at a sharp corner. This lay-by is where I used to fish & would love to go back to. Well I say lay-by, it was more like an extra wide piece of rough ground, wide enough for about 3 / 4 artics to park. The water ran across from left to right, with the leg coming straight towards you, creating the junction.

If anyone fathoms out where I mean, please post details. I have scoured maps, looking for a 'right angle' in the fens, can you guess how hard that is?

Thanks to all for replies. Mark

Fishing is the most peaceful & solitary group activity a going. Every watewr is different every day, thanks for that as same would be boring....

52°56'03.6"N 0°15'25.1"W

Mark, try these coordinates on google maps. The south forty foot is just east, and looks like what you've described.

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Think i have found it at 52* 27, 56.66 N 0* 05. 30.65 E. Just north east of Chatteris. So thanks John.

When you going ND? I had a go over the summer near there (at Floods Ferry) but the place was completely choked up with weed and apart from some half-decent Roach I didn't get too much. I'd be interested to hear how you get on...

R.C.

Hope to go this season, so not much time to find a day. I am going for 'a drive' around the area this coming week & will see the 'weed' situation before I fish. Hopefully it will be low at this time, as the rain pushes the water through & scrapes the weed along with it. I plan to do an 'overnight' or even 3 day session on the fens early next season, possibly opening weekend. I am also interested in 'Hardy road' Thorpe, Norwich. On Google earth, follow the road around the back of building. At end of dyke there is a pad right by the river, I would like to stay for a while, but as you know mapping is never up to date, so probably built up now. I see 2 feeder rods out mid stream & a dead bait out towards the bridge. Looks like a nice spot to ;hide-away' for a while. If dates fall right, would be great to meet at either spot.

Mark

Let me know when you go and I'll see what I can do as I'm determined to have a successful day up there at some point. Can't do opening weekend though as I'll be on my hopneymoon! As regards the weed, I was up there on a camping holiday in July and at that point the river looked great. Could see Roach, Tench & Pike cruising around too. When I went back to fish about 6 weeks later it was totally different and completely choked-up. Given that the weed arrived so quick I'd imagine it's gone now. Hope so as it's a cracking little stretch... Boats are a pain though.