Kennet and Thames Flooding

arbocop

The Kennet and Thames flooding looks to be getting as bad as it can possibly get. I fear that part of the bank has gone near Hambridge. There are a lot of anglers who fish these rivers and their tributaries on AN does anyone have any photos of these areas?

Both rivers are over the banks in Reading and surroundings and as high, or higher than 2003.

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Some pics of the Kennet/canal/lakes around Thatcham on the NAA forum..

http://naamembers.proboards.com/thread/311/flooding?page=3

Went past the Arrowhead (Thatcham station) and the Kennet was flowing across the road just before you climb the hill to Crookham Common - NEVER seen that before.....

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Went past the Arrowhead (Thatcham station) and the Kennet was flowing across the road just before you climb the hill to Crookham Common - NEVER seen that before.....

C.

I think the NAA is members only - can you steal a few for us? :)

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Some pics of the Kennet/canal/lakes around Thatcham on the NAA forum..

C.

Was that today Chris? Have to go that way in the morning.

Drove over hambridge today and the river is out of it's banks and nearly in the entrance to two rivers way on the Naa side, was surprised to see a car parked at the top end of the csas stretch!

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

What make of car was it?

Went to check on the boat at Burghfield lower down yesterday island is underwater major flooding it`s on the verge of entering the cunning man pub and Café and houses across the road under water ,just below Southcote lock the river has ripped a big hole through the river bank flooding the fields ...Army are helping to pump water away from Pingewood substation and main Reading to Burghfield road shut just as we left by the old bill no idea higher up but Mr Plumbs post seems to say no better up there .

the Thames lower down is breaking the 1947 flood levels all over the place below maidenhead

Steve Walker you parked here when we went fishing with the other Steve at Weybridge notice anything different

weybridgefloods070214_zps4c427007.jpg

Not sure but reckon from memory a good 12` of steps and another 12" to water level that is mental

Seen some bonkers pictures of Henley/Chertsey and even far upstream at Eynesham that look will try and post a few up

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Shiplake from above rowing club

40E6F159-680E-4DAA-9780-DF3620F01B0B_zps

The river is there somewhere

Eynesham lock from the toll bridge

BgC5SaQCMAEPuMO_zps2379336d.jpg

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

The Kennet and Thames flooding looks to be getting as bad as it can possibly get. I fear that part of the bank has gone near Hambridge. There are a lot of anglers who fish these rivers and their tributaries on AN does anyone have any photos of these areas?

Both rivers are over the banks in Reading and surroundings and as high, or higher than 2003.

No recent pics of the Kennet but this one was taken on 30th December 2013;

DSCN1118_zps9abcb16c.jpg

And this on the 18th January 2014. You can see how the level has risen in that short time and given the constant rain we’ve had since then I expect I’d have to wear chesties to take a photo from the same spot. I’ve got the last week of the season off work, looks like I’ll be all dressed up with no place to go, even the Lambourn is struggling;

DSCN1122_zps5e5a4025.jpg

It's never a 'six', let's put it back