Kennet and Thames Flooding

arbocop

According to Metcheck - they do tend to over egg it slightly - it's going to rain tomorrow between 0700- 1300, Wednesday something similar then all day Thursday and Friday. Generally, I think more than three days is guesswork, but Saturday and Sunday are looking the same but with strong winds, so that will blow trees into the flooded rivers.

The kennet in reading looked like this today.

http://s646.photobucket.com/user/arbocop/story/17729

Edited by arbocop

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

I am beginning to think the next opportunity for coarse river fishing will be June 16th. :(

Bloody optimist, unless you are either moving northwards or abroad :) :)

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

I'm gobsmacked at the level of flooding seen in these pictures! Considering that we (the UK) are such a small island, relatively speaking, I'm amazed at the difference between what you are facing down there, and what I was sat looking at today - namely bright blue skies and sunshine, virtually windless and temperatures trying hard to tip over ten degrees C for the first time this year.

We've had what can only be described as some serious rain too though over the past week or three yet seem to have escaped virtually unscathed in that respect - the Wear was up maybe 6 - 8 inches last week (and looking very healthy for it too!), and that's the worst I've seen it all winter ... the Tees and the Tyne have been behaving themselves too, though in fairness, none of them go anywhere near flood plains etc.

Edited by philocalist

Matthew a post on the TAC saying they have shut Walton Bridge ,many poor souls there have there houses under water fittings and fixtures ruined 2nd wet winter on the trot knee jerk dredging on the cards and what price another jet stream in the same spot next winter .

Best get some more Dutch wizards to look at it

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I dread to think what exotic species will find their way from priate little pools into the river systems.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I dread to think what exotic species will find their way from priate little pools into the river systems.

....and what aliens will be left in other pools and lakes. Mitten crabs, crayfish, zebra mussels, Asian clams! It's quite a list. Perhaps even a wels, rumour has it they've been illegally stocked.

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

It's about as bad as it gets again, certainly no river fishing for the rest of this season but at least my house is dry. In late Nov/early Dec the Thames was in fantastic shape and I thought it was shaping up to be a really good winter... How wrong can you be.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music