Kennet and Thames Flooding

arbocop

This can't be good....

Rainfall radar.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I'm gobsmacked at the level of flooding seen in these pictures! Considering that we (the UK) are such a small island, relatively speaking, I'm amazed at the difference between what you are facing down there, and what I was sat looking at today - namely bright blue skies and sunshine, virtually windless and temperatures trying hard to tip over ten degrees C for the first time this year.

We've had what can only be described as some serious rain too though over the past week or three yet seem to have escaped virtually unscathed in that respect - the Wear was up maybe 6 - 8 inches last week (and looking very healthy for it too!), and that's the worst I've seen it all winter ... the Tees and the Tyne have been behaving themselves too, though in fairness, none of them go anywhere near flood plains etc.

..... followed by horizontal snow last night - literally a white-out that was dense enough to prevent me seeing a stone wall less than 10 metres away! Frozen rock-hard by this morning - hate to think what the implications might be further south if we now have a hard freeze? That said, it's currently tipping down with rain here so roads and pavements are deadly, and I've just seen a very recently released 'advisory' - a 'Red' one, no less, for 100mph winds today, though affecting the west mostly.

This can't be good....

Rainfall radar.

All i see is a normal british summer

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Lets see if this works - nicked from the NAA site this shows one of our lakes being well and truly flooded - the Kennet has breached further upstream and is flowing through the reed beds under the railway and across the car park....

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj4/alastair1590/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/20140206_161608_zpsz1ghxoww.mp4

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Chris that looks mental..... Army sandbagging at southcote

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/local-news/troops-help-deploy-sandbags-reinforce-6701947

sink holes starting to be mentioned as they become more common in the wet conditions ,I did a load of work in a couple of propertys here and remember thinking at the time an old brickworks and quarry and they build on it

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/local-news/car-falls-hole-opens-up-6701149

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Lets see if this works - nicked from the NAA site this shows one of our lakes being well and truly flooded - the Kennet has breached further upstream and is flowing through the reed beds under the railway and across the car park....

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj4/alastair1590/Mobile Uploads/2014-02/20140206_161608_zpsz1ghxoww.mp4

C.

That's not a pretty sight! My brother lives on the moors just downstream of that....

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Lets see if this works - nicked from the NAA site this shows one of our lakes being well and truly flooded - the Kennet has breached further upstream and is flowing through the reed beds under the railway and across the car park..

C.

No, that's not good at all. The levels have dropped in Reading town centre, but are coming up again after today's rain. The continuing rainfall is almost unbelievable. Just watching the weather in the North, it looks very serious indeed.

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Now the Itchen is almost going over in Winchester City centre. If only the flood meadows and sluices were still used - the EA have rekindled them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-26150006

Mike

Edited by arbocop

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."