Kennet and Thames Flooding

arbocop

It has arrived here now Steve and Robbie is looking at me with that time for a walk Dad look

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Did anyone catch the 6-o-clock news on BBC?

An aerial shot of the Thames flooding the fields, with two small dots in a field about 100yds from dry land. The camera zooms in to show a cameraman and reporter, switch to the land camera, and the reporter tells us how bad the flooding is. The cameraman pans out and down to show the water at his feet, fade and back to studio.

I couldn't believe how contrived the report was, and that someone actually gets paid to do this kind of thing. What's wrong with just reporting the news, without them trying to make a big production of it.

While I'm at it, Paul Daniels, and (the lovely ?) Debbie were on TV last night slating the EA for not dredging the Thames. He said it was obvious that it would have prevented a lot of the houses from being flooded. The man's a dick.

Rant over, for now.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

John I have bumped into [not literaly but it was tempting] messers daniels a couple of times on the river when he is out in his little gondola thingy and a more grumpy sour faced individual it would be hard to better .

Most rock along fine and the best bit of the boating is the banter between boats and locky whilst in the locks but he just sits there staring straight ahead .....why bother going out.....

Anyways

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/david-camerons-dredging-pledge-a-cruel-offer-of-false-hope-9127074.html

steve

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

While I'm at it, Paul Daniels, and (the lovely ?) Debbie were on TV last night slating the EA for not dredging the Thames. He said it was obvious that it would have prevented a lot of the houses from being flooded. The man's a dick.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2541490/Revealed-The-magic-tricks-Paul-Daniels-used-save-2-5m-home-floods-truth-300-groupies.html

"It’s paradise here. Every ten years you might have to cope with this but, for us, as long as the house is all right and we can get in and out it’s fine"
Something must have changed since the 17th January then.
Edited by Rusty

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

The man tweeted a few weeks back to say that his house was flooded but he was OK. Phew, I was worried there.

I am reminded of the 1997 election. Mr Daniels and a certain Mr J. Davidson launched a media campaign saying that if the Nation elected Labour they would leave the UK. We voted, they stayed.

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

According to the EA site the kennet at Newbury is now at a record high again, road closures across Newbury and the surrounding areas due to either flooding or trees down. Our power keeps flickering and the upstairs windows are moving with the wind, contemplating moving the kids downstairs and setting up a 'camp' in the front room

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Even the Lambourn is at its highest recorded - most of that will be ground water coming out of the chalk...

C.

And here it is. I went for a recce this morning just to see if the last week of the season was going to be a waste of time, it probably will be unless the rain stops now.

There should be a weir visible here;

DSCN1130_zpsf7880f6d.jpg

From the footbridge at Shaw;

DSCN1131_zpsdeab85e6.jpg

Too deep for wellies;

DSCN1132_zpsb4f1ca67.jpg

Another bridge shot further down;

DSCN1128_zps55c82d25.jpg

And a hundred yards down from there;

DSCN1129_zps270d9427.jpg

The Kennet from Ham Bridge;

DSCN1126_zps84d46b2b.jpg