One for any predator anglers...

Adam247

Hi guys am looking into getting some new braid for my spinning/ drop shotting , I am looking for something that has good casting ability and breaking strength vs diameter . Looked at power pro and I do like also fox rage soft steel braid and roved braid. But it's too much choice and would prefair some on else's reviews and see which is the moor popular , also does the colour of the braid effect it as am after a high bis line - yellow or red as I am struggling to see where my line is when using the Berkeley fire line

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

I used to have bright yellow power pro and never had any problems with it, as you say, very handy being able to see where the line is. I've never used anything except power pro as a braided mainline, no complaints at all.

"the countryside must be experienced in its worst weather to appreciate the shades of its beauty"

For light spinning, 10lb Fireline wins hands down. Yes, it's a bit thick but it handles better than anything else I've tried - although I can see that for some speciffic applications, like dropshotting, it's relative springiness might be an issue.

In heavier breaking strains, I like Whiplash. It's thinner and smoother than Powerpro.

Have you considered fluorocarbon?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

for all my fishing lure and bait, I use moss green powerpro, (20 to 80lbs).

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Not a fan of fluorocarbon for mainline as its too springy compared to braid ken L. I have looked for a few different brands along with pp in fluro yellow and may see what I can afford when in the tackle shop anybody got reviews/thoughts on savage gears new fitnesse braid ? Its super thin 0.16 to 17lb

Edited by Adam247

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

There's always the new 8 strand braids but they're a bit steep. I'll be picking some up soo though #cause I'm off the Malaysia next month.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.