The BIGGEST ship in the World?!

Chris Goddard

Probably, unless you know better!

Just watching this programme on Quest +1 And another to follow so will be having another late one tonight! Well I say late? As normally abed by 10 or 11. But tonight the old knees said different. (old BEING THE OPERATIVE WORD! Wife was aching a bit so she went at 7. having taken a double do of her preffered pain killers. So I stood up after Emmerdale at 19:30 and OH DEAR! NO WALKY!!?? I was totally unable to walk and in fact nearly fell over, and as I have not touched a drop of alchohol for two weeks, well yes I was a bit worried. BUT as the Doctors letter said this morning I have NOTHING at all to worry about?? Nothing but what the MRI showed 6 months ago which I do NOT need repeating as I am now back inthe UK. Yes go figure! I am even so it seems taking toooo much Morphine not TOOOOOOO much but the cost is toooooooo much!!!?? OH yes and I am now a cat 1 diabetic?? Shame they omitted to let me know eh??

Anyway I did get to walk to the sink unit instead of headbutting it and went to bed. So thtat's how I ended up watching this programme.Had to get upagain at 11 afyer a rather nasty Nightmare (Neatly **** the bed!) BUT WHAT a ruddy ship! Made in China and put together in North Korea it is and you really have to see it to appreciate the shear size of the huge pieces etc.it. BUT best thing it is an MFI ship! I.E. It is modular and they actually put together one of these modules EVERY 3 days!! But to appreciate it as I say you have to watch it. each unit or module is 100% the same! NO excuses! Just 3 days solid of welding and cutting. And then moving it 5 to 9 pieces at a time to ship it and that takes around 4 days at a time. I could tal;k about it for ages (What do you mean NO surprise there then!!) If you do have it and appreciate engineering watch it on QUEST and of course QUEST +24. I get it on Talk Talk TV top up (Brilliant TV/Telephone package!!) AMAZING!! From 2300.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

A ship made out of china blimey i hope it doesnt get chipped ,i just hope the weldings good we know from history modular ships have inherrant problems with breaking their backs

If it sinks bringing my 3 quid watches over i will be miffed

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Was it the big Maersk container ship?

Living near Felixstowe and working in shipping I have had the pleasure of going on these monsters for customer tours and work purposes, the engines are bigger than my house!

Taken many customers from all over the country on tours and most are gobsmaked when we park along side one.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Was it the big Maersk container ship?

Living near Felixstowe and working in shipping I have had the pleasure of going on these monsters for customer tours and work purposes, the engines are bigger than my house!

Taken many customers from all over the country on tours and most are gobsmaked when we park along side one.

Could not have been one of them. They are not prefabricated in China and then assembled in Korea, the Maersk boats were built in Odense in Denmark.

It could have been one of the new Maersk "Triple E" class boats, they were awarded to Korea, but don't know if they were pre-fabbed in China or not. They are about 400m long.

The biggest thing under construction is Shell's Prelude FLNG, it's 488 metres long, but it's a moot point whether it is a "ship" or not. The biggest ship ever built was AFAIK the Seawise Giant, a ULCC. She was 458 metres long.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote