Arbroath (report) Last Night

arthurcodsbody

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It wont be a resident from the prom Autumn... At low water its about 200 yards to the tide line. Only ever get fish coming in here on a big sea.

Nice fish Matt :)

Sea was flat calm last night (nearly never botherd because of it) But speaking to Stuart as long as its cloured and dark, at this time of year you've got good chance.

Matt

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC

Guest @AUTUMN@
Nice one Matt :) , but please no more pictures else we'll have @Autumn@ paying us a visit too! ;):P:D

Think im gonna come up soon anyways. Just gotta talk some of the lads into a visit. Perhaps next summer???

Do the fish take peeler up there?

Got down to the nightclub at about 1615 just as the sun was setting, HW was at 1820 so still a while before the fishing should start, but with this mark if the conditions are right which they were last night you have to get there early to get a spot.

Been there about an hour when Stuart Falconer (of Sea Angler) arrived. Bear in mind that I'd been there an hour and not had a look in stuart first bait was in the water about 10mins when he brought in his first small codling of about 1-1/2lb. By this stage quite a few more guys had turned up and the prom was getting busy with the better spots taken.

At this point the lovely wife brought me down a fish supper and cup of coffee (was this to be my only fish of the night I thought)

All then went quite with no more fish taken for about 1/2 hour 45 mins. I was just starting to think about freshening the bait when the rod tip srang up with an obvious slack line bite, I picked the rod up and tightend down and waited the the pull, sure enough the fish gave a solid tug and I struck into it, and could feel it was a half decent fish straight away. Anyway I caoxed it ashore and after a worrying pull up the wall I found that the size 2/0 top hook of the pennell was just nicked in the top of the mouth. Well pleased with the result as my best cod of the winter so far (piccy below)

post-5686-1131532603_thumb.jpg

Havent weighed it but am guessing around the 5-6lb mark.

Well after this it really did go quiet with over the next 2 hours only 3 more fish were caught 2 more small codling by Stuart and a small whiting by a guy further along the wall.

The fish certainly made my night so, I'm gonna have him for lunch today so he can make my day aswell

Cheers

Matt

1 more piccy of the cod.

post-5686-1131533015_thumb.jpg

Ok so the fishing was good but was there any talent on the go from the night club??

:P:D:D

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

Ok so the fishing was good but was there any talent on the go from the night club??

:P:D:D

Little bit early in the evening for that mate, but I would say that if the tide is a 2200hrs onward at a weekend try not to fish alone as you can get a bit of bother from the p*ssed up club trade. Not heard of much but it can happen.

Matt

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC

Nice 1 matt, that one was out of the blue then if you was just about to re-bait.

Shame you don't many coddling of any decent size in the upper medway.

that cods eye looks very blue and cloudy? is it a fish monger job lol

;)

Matt, all that bait, yer fish must have been really hungry :D . Sounds like a mass fish in one night up there, we could use the neds as bait :lol:

Sultzer, that is my first blank in over a year, I did get some weed in so I could say I was doing vegitarian fishing :D:rolleyes:

Edited by David.W

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!