Latest Gear

Tony U

So I think I fancy a bit of coarse fishing again after a two year sabbatical, does this mean I have to get rid of all the Coarse kit, I have festering in the loft and the shed and go out and buy a load of new stuff or can i just carry on with the old tat?

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Tony if all the gear festering in the shed was doing the business two years ago then why replace it other than just for your personal pleasure? and if it wasn't doing the business back then whys it still in your shed and not down the dump? ;)

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Just get some fresh line, check your hooks are not rusty. Get some appropriate bait, job done

• Like 1

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Tony,

The guys are just trying to ease you into it. Eventually, within this next season, you'll simply HavE to have new stuff. ALL of it.

If the loft of the shed is dark you probably don't even need new line.

Phone

You WILL need all new gear. The fish will laugh at the old stuff and its a well known fact that when fish laugh, they drown. No one wants to be responsible for that.

Otherwise (if you don't believe the "drowning" thing) you should be good to go unless mice or similar have damaged some of it.

• Like 2
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Well the mice have eaten all the old ground bait so I don't have to get rid of that, they have also chewed through a couple of carryalls I will have to get up in the loft to see how the rods have faired.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

With some of the stupid prices some old kit sells for you could sell it, buy new kit and have change!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Well the mice have eaten all the old ground bait so I don't have to get rid of that, they have also chewed through a couple of carryalls I will have to get up in the loft to see how the rods have faired.

Chesters1 top tip buy a 6ft gym locker knock out the shelf if needed store rods and holdalls in that ,no mouse on earth can chew their way into it.

As for new tackle i am using gear from the 70's !fishing gear does not have a limit to the amount they catch and become "empty"

Yes the rods are a bit fat and the reels a bit quaint but they still work

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

That rather nicely describes most of the an membership!

Watch it Rich, who are you calling quaint? :angry:

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John