Angler's Mail & Peter Waller

Elton

Should angling really be an Olympic sport though?

Absolutely!! first one to the swim with all the features carrying my box with everything in ( even though I know all I am going to need is one rod and reel,) Two fields and four stiles, one bog and a water jump. Maybe I`ll stick to the marathon!! :D

Well if these are Olympic sports why not fishing

Ping pong

Horse riding

Canoeing

Shooting

Archery

Ding sailing

Rowing

Fencing

Judo

Bike ridding

These are all pass times on a par with Fishing, We have world championships the same as all the above mentioned sports, we have a structured league system, and we have a governing body. We have clear rules and regulations

I see no reason why Fishing could not be included.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Well if these are Olympic sports why not fishing

Ping pong

Horse riding

Canoeing

Shooting

Archery

Ding sailing

Rowing

Fencing

Judo

Bike ridding

These are all pass times on a par with Fishing, We have world championships the same as all the above mentioned sports, we have a structured league system, and we have a governing body. We have clear rules and regulations

I see no reason why Fishing could not be included.

Well I ride/race bikes and it takes a tad more effort and training than fishing!

Well I ride/race bikes and it takes a tad more effort and training than fishing!

I don't deign that it takes dedication, but I am sure the top anglers are equally dedicated; I am sure the England world cup team practise every day for many hours.

It’s like comparing someone that goes bike ridding at the weekends with someone who bikes everyday.

“Going fishing” is a pass time the same as going for a bike ride

Being top in your field is completely different

You can't become top of your sport with out putting in hours, effort and dedication.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

And who says any of them are really top? I can name quite a few "unknowns" who are far better all round anglers.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Define 'better'?

Are they going to give the gold medal for the one who de-stresses the most, because that's how I often judge a fishing trip. :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Define 'better'?

Are they going to give the gold medal for the one who de-stresses the most, because that's how I often judge a fishing trip. :)

Have to agree with you there Elton :) Got back from being away for over 3 weeks and so wound up by the constant yapping of the neighbours dogs went off fishing for a few hours to destress again!!!

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!