How is Wingham coping Steve?

poledark

How is the fishery coping with the water levels Steve? Hope all is well down there,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Surprisingly well thanks, Den.

I've just got back from walking round both lakes and it's not quite as bad as 2000/1. The river through the lakes is still within its banks, having peaked yesterday. Both lakes are very high but all the swims are fishable, although you couldn't pitch a bivvy in 2 of the 18 swims on the Carp Lake and 7 of the 48 swims on the Main Lake.

The biggest problem we have is that we can't get the tractors through the ford, and so we're limited in the work we can do. Because of the high groundwater levels the river isn't likely to drop until the leaves on the trees open up. This will probably be early of course with the mild winter - indeed some of the elders are already just breaking out.

Compared with other waters we've, so far at least, escaped very lightly indeed.

• Like 1

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

That's good to hear Steve :) the valley up the road from me is gradually filling up, looks like the river Wye for a couple of miles!

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

It could definitely be worse, most stillwaters around here (Thames/Windrush valleys) have been shut for some time. Water everywhere.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Because of the high groundwater levels the river isn't likely to drop until the leaves on the trees open up. This will probably be early of course with the mild winter - indeed some of the elders are already just breaking out.

That reminds me - we need to talk about trees. I'll pm you (unless it's full).

Glad you are OK though, I was thinking about you and Wingham when I was sat on the train today looking at flooded gravel pits near Twyford. I had a good long look, due to the flooding on the tracks slowing the trains down. the signals have gone and they have resorted to an old fashioned token system that the driver has to pick up somehow to move forward. Weird on a 125 mph train.

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Cheers, Mike.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net