Come on you Scots have it or not?

Dave H

So the Scots want independence?

I get that and i would vote yes if i was Scottish but they want the pound and say the english are bullying them to say you will not have it.

If its independence its independence guys and that’s that.

• Like 1

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Why can't the current Giants and Titans system work with an independent Scotland?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

The Treasury analysis of the consequences of currency union is that in such a union the rUK and Scotland would have to agree to underwrite each other's banks, allow taxpayers in one country to subsidise the other and reach broad agreements on tax, spending and borrowing levels on both sides of the border. I don't see why either country would want to be in a currency union with the other - particularly if the intention is that an independent Scotland will diverge economically and politically from the rUK.

Edited by Steve Walker

The Treasury analysis of the consequences of currency union is that in such a union the rUK and Scotland would have to agree to underwrite each other's banks, allow taxpayers in one country to subsidise the other and reach broad agreements on tax, spending and borrowing levels on both sides of the border. I don't see why either country would want to be in a currency union with the other - particularly if the intention is that an independent Scotland will diverge economically and politically from the rUK.

Why can't the current Giants and Titans system work with an independent Scotland?

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/Pages/about/s_ni_roleofbackingassets.aspx

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

That is a mechanism for having more than one bank authorised to issue notes backed by Bank of England notes, it isn't a mechanism for maintaining currency union and doesn't get round the issues of fiscal, monetary and interest rate policy convergence.

Scotland has always had its own pound just like wales, ireland and england so why all of a sudden are westminster saying we cannot have the pound is ludicrous westminster scaremongering people.

Scotland has its own coin & notes which they have had from when the pound was first introduced, If independence is a go then westminster have no say wether the people of scotland keep the scottish pound or not.

Im scottish but I dont want independance, cant see the point myself apart from the decisions coming out of westminster, and no matter where the minsters are they all talk crap anyway!

I served in the briish army so therefore consider myself british but my heritage is scottish!

Edited by George387

A Scotsman in Yorkshire...http://traditionalfloats.blogspot.co.uk/

The Scots can of course retauin the pound IF they decide on independance - just like Egypt did.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

You say Scotland has had it's own pound.

That's design only (pictures).

Imagine a Scottish pound, wonder what the rate of exchange might be, 3 to one great English pound ? LOL

It's not "design" only. Every Scots pound is bought and paid for.

http://www.bankofeng...kingassets.aspx

I dunno bout this independence now. I feel Alex is hiding somethig and i think hes becoming a sell out the trump thing and something else about hydro dams has made me think twice. Also he wants to cut red tape on building on green belt? Wait was that him or the other lot...

If i was 100% he was doing it for scotland id vote but im quickly thinking hes doing it for himself like all politicians...

Edited by Andy_1984
  • Like 1

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk