River Swale

GregS

Apologies if this sounds a bit obtuse, but to a large degree, what you are likely to catch on the Swale is very much dependent upon the access you have to the water, and there is not much of it free, or on a day ticket.

In general terms, there are barbel to be had in many areas - ditto for pike though in both cases they need seeking out, and I suspect few people are going to volunteer their current / favourite 'hotspots' on a public forum ... it's a certain way to ensure that they get hammered.

A good start might be to know where you are based Greg, what access you have to transport, what degree of experience you have (particularly perhaps, when the target species is pike), and whether or not you actually have any access to the river at all - and where! ... it's a lot more likely to get you some sort of useful response :-)

Hi cheers for answer, for first I have some nice experience with pike fishing and got everything to take care of fish landed, and secondary is that that I've started to drive last year so I'm able to travel by car on different spots and farther from home from Shipley, can u tell me which yearbook or day ticket is worth to go for ? Where would be good to start adventure with barber and pike fishing on rivers swale or ribble ? Can u help me please ?

Leeds ASA , MIddlesbrough AC , Richmond AC and Northallerton AC (and others) all have water on the Swale, as do both Bradford Clubs. The Swale contains both pike and barbel from Richmond to its confluence with the Ure . A bit of googling will give Greg the info he needs j

• Like 1

Thanks guys I've search a lot on google but there are posts from few years back, so thinking that asking someone this days is much better ;) Grayson could you please just give me some advise where about to start and what's tactic and baits are best ? If that in not a problem cheers

C&R !

Look at the websites for Leeds ASA , Bradford City and Bradford No 1 AA and Northallerton AC. They will tell you where you can fish and how much it will cost. Tactics and baits- come on , they're either obvious or available on lots of websites and in many magazines. It's more fun working it out for yourself but if you try lamprey and sardine for pike and worms and meat / pellets for barbel I'm sure you will catch some. But forget the barbel until it warms up more- chub are far more fun and at their best at this time of year.

Do the pike get as far up as Richmond?

The highest i've known Is about great langton - though i wouldnt be surprised if they are well above that such as Catterick area as there's a few nice holes.

Leeds ASA , MIddlesbrough AC , Richmond AC and Northallerton AC (and others) all have water on the Swale, as do both Bradford Clubs. The Swale contains both pike and barbel from Richmond to its confluence with the Ure . A bit of googling will give Greg the info he needs j

Please visit my blog at http://jimmysfishing.blogspot.com

Greg,

Pike wise, the prime water starts around Scruton / Morton Area and below all the way down to its confluence with the Ure. In terms of what clubs have what, in broad terms:

Northallerton AC - 4 or so miles above and below morton

Middlesbrough AC - Stretches at Gatenby, Maunby, Holme, Ainderby Quernhow and Skipton Bridge

Bradford No1 - Stretches at Gatenby, Maunby, Pickhill, Topcliffe (not the prime bit), Asenby (5 pegs or so), and then their prime water at Thornton Bridge (above and Below)

Leeds & District - A short bit near Skipton, Topcliffe, Asenby, Helperby and Myton

I'd suggest these as your prime choice for Swale water - but a fair few other clubs have stretches here and there (Bradford City AA being an excellent example). It may be better going for Bradford or Leeds as they give you plenty of other options on the Wharfe, Nidd, Ure etc

Good luck!

• Like 1

Please visit my blog at http://jimmysfishing.blogspot.com