Bradford nr 1 AA

GregS

Hi, I'm just about to join B nr 1 AA, can anyone tell me something about whaters they providing ? Are stretchs on river swale good for barbel fishing what they have ? What about others waters ? Mainly interested in barbel and pike fishing any answer will be easier to make a choice. Maybe any other club got better waters than B nr1 AA ? Cheers pals

C&R

@phone as I've said I'm just new to it so any answer any help provided will be great for me but I'm not asking anyone to put me on a river and tell me everything, just small recommendation or advise will help to start new episode in fishing life. Cheers for any help

C&R !

Greg - either Phone or I would be more than happy to put you on the best swims of the best waters we know of and other than the cost of a non-resident fishing license (not expensive) you would not have any fees to pay.

The main problem would be distance since I'm a bit over 4K miles and Phone is more like 5-6K miles West of you.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

They don't , neither Newt nor Phone ,to the best of my knowledge, have fished the Swale, both live in the USA (clue's in the address under their avatar's) , they're both just being polite

I fish mainly on the Tees but have fished Bradford no.1 waters as a guest and they're cracking waters and they have a lot of quality river and still water to go at, if I was looking to fish the Swale more, then I would join no.1 as it represents really good fishing, Middlesbrough also have some very good waters on the Swale too but I guess it all depends where you live, how far you want to travel to fish and accessability to bankside, how mobile you are and how far you're prepared to walk along the bankside

Might help a bit too if you edited your details and said where you live

Don't expect anyone to name venues on open forums as it leads to poaching problems, trespass issues, problems for the clubs who own or lease the fishing rights and more importantly some clubs have a disciplinary procedure for members who publicly name venues

All I'll say publicly is that near to the village of Topcliffe you'll get as much quality fishing as you can handle by being a no.1 member