East Grinstead Angling Society.

BREAMAGAIN

I've always thought of the Eden Brook where abouts is it? Great Bream btw. Also I'm pretty sure that would be a club record!

When I first joined Imbohorne pond was the only place I fished, but its so crammed full of little carp it got boring after a few trips. When I've fished Hedgecourt its been for the Pike.

Readers is really nice, well looked after and plently of fish. Normally get at least one carp but theres plently of little bream gudgeon and roach in there aswell. I think the carp get to almost 20 but the biggest I've had has been 8 1/2 lbs. I don't know if you got the news letter but they reckon there was a 4lb 2oz perch caught there!

"the countryside must be experienced in its worst weather to appreciate the shades of its beauty"

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always thought of the Eden Brook where abouts is it? Great Bream btw. Also I'm pretty sure that would be a club record!

When I first joined Imbohorne pond was the only place I fished, but its so crammed full of little carp it got boring after a few trips. When I've fished Hedgecourt its been for the Pike.

Readers is really nice, well looked after and plently of fish. Normally get at least one carp but theres plently of little bream gudgeon and roach in there aswell. I think the carp get to almost 20 but the biggest I've had has been 8 1/2 lbs. I don't know if you got the news letter but they reckon there was a 4lb 2oz perch caught there!

Where do ya live ?

Eden Brook runs thru Lingfield parallel to railway line but far enough away so trains aint a prob. and carries on half way to Edenbridge , good Pike in it too !

My Bream broke club record but a couple'a of nice lads that fish the river beat both the Bream and Chub record , one of 'em holds the Barbel record too !

Was gonna target Readers this year but this big Perch will have the place banged out , might waite til autumn.

Where do ya live ?

Eden Brook runs thru Lingfield parallel to railway line but far enough away so trains aint a prob. and carries on half way to Edenbridge , good Pike in it too !

My Bream broke club record but a couple'a of nice lads that fish the river beat both the Bream and Chub record , one of 'em holds the Barbel record too !

Was gonna target Readers this year but this big Perch will have the place banged out , might waite til autumn.

I live in East Grinstead, down Heyrontye.

I wasn't sure if your Bream was bigger then the one they caught. The Eden Brook sounds great I'll definatly give it ago some time this season. How does it fish during the summer?

"the countryside must be experienced in its worst weather to appreciate the shades of its beauty"

I live in East Grinstead, down Heyrontye.

I wasn't sure if your Bream was bigger then the one they caught. The Eden Brook sounds great I'll definatly give it ago some time this season. How does it fish during the summer?

Think his Bream was 7lb 11oz , fair play a nice lad.

The thin stretch in Linfield gets shallow and full of pads , great for stalking , I've been told it holds Grass Carp ???? Won't believe that til I see one , I do know it's full of Crayfish which are a real pain !

It widens out on the Haxted road to Edenbridge but is apt to get covered in duck weed and you can't even see the water , my best trips have been winter.

Think his Bream was 7lb 11oz , fair play a nice lad.

The thin stretch in Linfield gets shallow and full of pads , great for stalking , I've been told it holds Grass Carp ???? Won't believe that til I see one , I do know it's full of Crayfish which are a real pain !

It widens out on the Haxted road to Edenbridge but is apt to get covered in duck weed and you can't even see the water , my best trips have been winter.

Cheers for all the info, shall give it ago in between piking in the winter. I'm looking forward to some of the Isfield waters for the summer!

Later on in the season if you fancy meeting up on the Eden Brook or Readers give me an email!

Cheers for all the info, shall give it ago in between piking in the winter. I'm looking forward to some of the Isfield waters for the summer!

Later on in the season if you fancy meeting up on the Eden Brook or Readers give me an email!

Thanks , will do !

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I live in the area and have wanted to get into fishing for a long while - didn't know there was an angling club though. I'd really like to find out more and would consider joining but can't find info on it. Can you please give me contact details?

Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Plenty of fishing clubs in the East Grinstead area depending exactly where you live. Locally there is East Grinstead,Copthorne, Haywards Heath,Isfield, Crowborough, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Ednbridge and others. A visit to Mr Wickham at the East Grinstead tackle shop should put you in the right direction