Help!

Spur-Hound

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

New dilema!

Ok i was offered the job, and they said they would be in touch ASAP.... Emailed them on friday as i still hadn't heard and they said that they would make sure ide have a letter by this week. Seems liket here abit disorganised

Got a phone call today from another company wanting me to have an interview. This is a far better company, and really the money is just so much better, which would make life alot easier! What do i do now that ive verbally agreed to the other job :D

Tight Lines

Shaun

go for the new interview, if you haven't signed anything, they have no hold on you. plus think how confident you'll be in this interview knowing how you already have a job in the bag!

must be nice to be so popular!

I agree jeepster,

you have nothing to lose by going to another interview, and if you get offered that job there is still nothing stopping you from taking it, you said it yourself, it would be better for you :)

Good Luck :D

Absolutely - go for it!! I always say the purpose of an interview is NOT to secure a job it's to secure a job OFFER which you can turn down. If the interview is going well at the second job it wouldn't hurt to let slip that you have already been offered something (which you are considering). If THEY want you they won't hang about in making a decision!!!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Now the fun really beggins, need help now more than ever!!!!!!!!

Ok, so i was offered a job, remembering ive sighned nothing! and im due to start on monday. I went to that other interview on wedensday, and they have called up and they said they really like me, and they want me back for a second interview on wedensday, bear in mind that this job for an accountants (two doors along from the other place !!!!!!) is much better, so much better paid, more organised, friendly and the prospects for the future are so much better.....

So ill go in on monday for my starting day at job no1, what shall i tell them, cos i really want to go for this 'second interviw' on wedensday and would be greatly missing out if i never, what shall i tell them??? Maybe that ive got a dental appointment on wedensday and i cant cancel or ill nt get it done till after new year otherwise?? Now theres an excuse! But seriously, i feel lke i may have just bitten off more than i can chew, and might get caught out...

Have i confussed anyone??? But again, thanks alot, for me to go for my first interiew and get accepted, and then to go for a second interview and a much better job, and get a second interview, im mst be doing something right, or iether that ive had some damn good advice!!

I need some more!!!

Cheers

Shaun ;):o:huh::rolleyes:

Edited by Spur-Hound

Tight Lines

Shaun

Could try being totally honest with the second company and come clean. Just say you do not want to mess about your new company on the first week so any chance they can interview you say in your lunch hour or after work ?

You may even gain "brownie" points from this second company due to this concern of yours. Just a thought Shaun :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy