recent floods , fish spreading ?

cannibalspinners

up here in scotland , our drainage system is pretty good , however after watching the national

news & seeing all the terrible flooding down south , i have 1 question on a lighter note ,,,,

do any of you know if due to the flooding , some fish species have been able to spread to waterways

that they did not exist in previous , if they have is this to the anglers advantage.

one other thing , do you have any rivers down south ( from scotland ) , that have breeding populations

of carp , i have only heard of carp in lakes or lochs.. & never in flowing rivers........

150_brown_trout1.jpg RECORD RIVER CAUGHT BROWN TROUT 7LB 5OZ

http://www.spinningluresuk.com

In winter floods fish don't tend to move around too much, although there may be some limited movement. It's different in summer, where there could well be very significant fish movement.

Not sure about breeding carp populations in rivers, I expect so but have never seen any evidence of it.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

undesirable foreign fish getting into our river systems.

I think carp are already in them, sadly.

I'd imagine that it'd be a rare year where carp were able to successfully spawn in UK rivers. That may change in the future, but hopefully those already there will die off or be predated upon before that happens.

I had a discussion which was similar with budgie (dick dastardly) but it was more on is there any harm done to the fish and fish stocks during these really bad heavy floods.

They soon get over it. Its much worse if it happens later in the year as spawn/fry can get washed away. Only losses you normally get after extreme floods is if fish are left stranded in fields etc once the water starts dropping. Been several reports of this already on the Severn

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Same as above in the US

Last winter thousands of fish died when they were left stranded in the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta

stranded_fish.jpg

Phone

Looks like they are mostly carp Phone? Luckily, no great loss then!

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John