Zander are a serious problem

norfolkfisher

I don't see a problem with zander. Look at Holland. The Zander there compare in size to pike and the coarse fishing is superb but when it comes to grey squirrels....I hate 'em. Kill 'em all.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a problem with zander. Look at Holland. The Zander there compare in size to pike and the coarse fishing is superb but when it comes to grey squirrels....I hate 'em. Kill 'em all.

quite right however the grey squirrels do taste lovely deep fried in tempura batter with mixed spices

and fresh pepper salad :)

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

quite right however the grey squirrels do taste lovely deep fried in tempura batter with mixed spices

and fresh pepper salad :)

If you think that’s good you should try rook squab and squirrel pie

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

If you think that’s good you should try rook squab and squirrel pie

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Cook 'em (squirrel) the same as you would rabbit.

'Aldi' were selling Zander a couple of years ago, I don't know whether they were 'local' (UK) ones or imported.

Morrisons sell Basa which is a SE Asian freshwater catfish. There was a bit of a panic in America about the importing of this species as food, some of 'em thought it was a 'terrorist' plot to poison then off!

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

We used to catch Zander in small stillwaters in Germany, there were plenty of other species present and in good quantities in them too. The 'demon' Zander hadn't eaten everything up.

Yes kill grey squrrels, we are lucky to still have a red population very close by.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

We used to catch Zander in small stillwaters in Germany, there were plenty of other species present and in good quantities in them too. The 'demon' Zander hadn't eaten everything up.

Yes kill grey squrrels, we are lucky to still have a red population very close by.

Before i moved up here there used to be a population of red squirrels in thetford forest all not so long ago, dont think theres been a sighting in a few years now, and as always grey squirrels took over.. i dont mind em as much as some people seem too but they do have to go.

We used to catch Zander in small still waters in Germany, there were plenty of other species present and in good quantities in them too. The 'demon' Zander hadn't eaten everything up.

Yes kill grey squirrels, we are lucky to still have a red population very close by.

was down at castle loch not far from (Cumbria) and saw 3 of the cute little reds playing about on the road side

haven't seen them for about 15 years anywhere else in Scotland

Edited by peterpikefisher

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

Cook 'em (squirrel) the same as you would rabbit.

at least 2 squirrel's

similar! skin /clean /cut into pieces / dip in beaten egg/ roll in flour/ dip in egg / coat in bread crumbs (with or without ) added mixed spices

deep fry 5 Min's in hot nut oil/ or oven bake for 10 Min's at 180 c

remove lay on plate drizzle with maple syrup

then Scoff the Lot accompanied by a pint of Guinness or very cold Lager not that (Carling) P*sh

:yeah:

Edited by peterpikefisher

cpranim.gif

...I find this very strange... isnt zander a natural habitant in GB?

No