i want to try making boilies

mike1234

i have decided to have a go at making my own baits as it seems like more fun than just picking up nicely packaged baits from the tackle shops,

i dont have any equipment for the job apart from stuff found in the kitchen, i have looked on a few sites for recipes for a few ideas but its always nice to see what works for people on here.

if anyone can help out with a nice easy recipe to get me started with nothing to exotic or pricey in it i would be forever grateful

i have decided to have a go at making my own baits as it seems like more fun than just picking up nicely packaged baits from the tackle shops,

i dont have any equipment for the job apart from stuff found in the kitchen, i have looked on a few sites for recipes for a few ideas but its always nice to see what works for people on here.

if anyone can help out with a nice easy recipe to get me started with nothing to exotic or pricey in it i would be forever grateful

When I saw this message my first thought was "Google" it ... which I did and immediately found a decent sounding recipe and guide for making them ... at the bottom of the page they'd summed up the costs for the ingredients and worked out that it's a little under ... £5/kg ... at which point I thought "hang on a minute" ... I pay about that from the tackle shop, but with the added benefit that I don't have any washing up to do, there's little chance that I am going to make "fish cookies", I won't stink out the kitchen and the Mrs wont be nagging at me all the way through abd the state of the blender, etc.,

The summary from me, stick to the shop versions ... or, as I have done of late ... eBay ... there were a number of auctions a few weeks back that sold a variety of different flavours in one lot and at a reasonable price, too.

I will of course, keep an eye on this thread, as I would also be interested in knowing if there are many people who make their own. I suppose some do, just as a lot of people make their own groundbait.

Regards,

Sean A

... that one won't get away again!

clearing up a bit of mess is no problem if i leave it long enough my girlfriend will do it,

shop bought stuff is convenient but its always more fun to put your own take on stuff when ever i get dragged around a supermarket i am always on the look out for new things to try for bait, and since my local tackle shop doubles as a pet shop selling a variety of pet foods i am always trying new ideas it just makes it a bit more rewarding if you have managed to hook a fish on a bait you have thought up or made yourself