Quantity of rods ?

GregS

A rod licence allows you to use two: the fishery may have it's own rules.

I've usually found a second rod to be more of a hindrance than a help on a river..

Edit: If the fishery has it's own rules it can't allow more, only less.

Edited by ayjay

Greg, I was concerned that that might be your answer. I really can't condone a sleeper rod for piking, in my opinion pike deserve far better. Fish for pike, or fish for barbel and chub. Pike need as much, if not more effective bite detection than any other species. This is especially so at this time of the year, pike do not appreciate major surgery in having hooks removed, especially this close to their spawning time.

Thanks for advice Peter. Next week I'll do that. I had one take this time and fight with a pike for about 30 sec and came of the hooks. Is morton on swale good for pike ? I've fished on day ticket stretch this time. Can you give me advice for next visit? Cheers