Lower Itchen-fish-in

seph

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Large whiskey, hot water, lemon, beechams powder and an early night. Hope you feel better in the morning Andy.

Being having that for the last four day and still no sign of getter better! :( Off to bed - having an early night for a change! nite nite!!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

no fly fishing allowed, sorry Gerry did ask again.

Paul, bet that made as much sense to you as it does to me. Count me in for one and cheque on the way tomorrow.

Makes no sense what so ever to me. I suppose they can charge you a lot more money for the priveledge of fly fishing, that's the only thing that I can think of not allowing it.

List filling up quick, I have about 10 already.

Paul

Sorry to be a bit of a party pooper.

There was a fairly major fish kill around July this year, due to pollution, it started somewhere upstream of LIF. Quite a lot of the bigger fish and yearlings were killed, so the Grayling population is somewhat depleted now, with a good days fishing producing 20 Grayling plus some Chub and Trout rather than the normal 60+ expected at this time of year.

Fish are proving to be more localised now and harder to find. Good news though that the coarse fish appear to have come through unscathed and quite a few Chub are coming out. Barbel to over 9lb have also come out this season, plenty of Trout and the odd Sea Trout.

If you have n't asked, I'd ask Lindsay if you can use the syndicate stretch at the top end.

Good luck on the day, if you need any info nearer the time on how its been fishing, send me a PM.

Seph

Put me and sue down a Cheque is on the way.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Put me down too please, Cheque going in thepost this morning.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

If you have n't asked, I'd ask Lindsay if you can use the syndicate stretch at the top end.

Good luck on the day, if you need any info nearer the time on how its been fishing, send me a PM.

I had heard about the fish kill, but it is still a great place to fish and tehre is plenty of other species to fish for. Have there been many big Grayling come out this year?

I have asked about the top section and it is ok to fish it. The only part we cannot fish as like last year is the Trout section.

Paul