Top Tips For Syon Park?

wozzamozza

The birds are still there, although I didn't find them as off putting as the planes. It might have been because I had my cap, woolly hat and then my hood over my head stopping my ears from freezing, so I didn’t really hear them. Is this the only fishery that has such a collection of ‘exotic wildlife’?

Cheers wozzmozza

:rolleyes:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The birds are still there, although I didn't find them as off putting as the planes. It might have been because I had my cap, woolly hat and then my hood over my head stopping my ears from freezing, so I didn’t really hear them. Is this the only fishery that has such a collection of ‘exotic wildlife’?

Cheers wozzmozza

:rolleyes:

Hazlecopse has peacocks roaming around

Here is a tip - don't bother. It is a canal full of pellet pigs surrounded by clueless budgie drowners covered in bling bling equipment. Hell on earth.

Would that be Syon!!?,or Hazlecopse!!?.

Lets be honest,ok some places are more picturesque than others,but at the end of the day they are all stock fish-regardless of how long they have been in there.

Where would you suggest going then??. :rolleyes::D

Would that be Syon!!?,or Hazlecopse!!?.

Lets be honest,ok some places are more picturesque than others,but at the end of the day they are all stock fish-regardless of how long they have been in there.

Where would you suggest going then??. :rolleyes::D

Errrr i would suggest fishing a river for wild fish ie real fishing - not supporting the dirty pellet pig industry and shooting fish in a barrel.

Errrr i would suggest fishing a river for wild fish ie real fishing - not supporting the dirty pellet pig industry and shooting fish in a barrel.

Oh so we all live on top of wild river trout fishing do we :unsure::angry: .

I think thats easier said than done for Wozza as he lives in the middle of London, unless you know of any pristine Trout streams running through the east end of the Capital.

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

errr, how about adding some practical advice to that sewinman - i.e. how and where a beginner ( I assume) can find wild river trout fishing, in December, accessible in a short train ride from SW london/Surrey ?

please enlighten me too

GB

www.swff.co.uk - Guernsey Saltwater Fly Fishing

Member of B.A.S.S. - www.ukbass.com

Member of NFSA www.nfsa.org.uk

"better to have fished and lost than never fished at all "

I am lucky enough to have wild fishing for trout, sea trout and salmon. I am also lucky enough to have excellent fishing for stocked rainbows. I enjoy both and will continue to enjoy both. Strangely enough I see the same anglers at both venues and none of them are covered in "bling" (well, perhaps one or two) :)

I find your comments unnecessary and unhelpful, but fairly typical of a certain "strange" extreme type of self labeled "purist". We have a few in Scotland, but I just put them down as general irritants, like the highland midge :D

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I am lucky enough to have wild fishing for trout, sea trout and salmon. I am also lucky enough to have excellent fishing for stocked rainbows. I enjoy both and will continue to enjoy both. Strangely enough I see the same anglers at both venues and none of them are covered in "bling" (well, perhaps one or two) :)

I find your comments unnecessary and unhelpful, but fairly typical of a certain "strange" extreme type of self labeled "purist". We have a few in Scotland, but I just put them down as general irritants, like the highland midge :D

Dave, I'm not supporting the purist view of flyfishing and the notion that we can all afford either the time or the money to fish for wild trout in wild streams, but there is a great deal of non trout pond fly fishing to be had around the home counties that involves neither long distances or big money. You just have to occasionally think outside of the box. AN recently fished the Test at Timsbury for grayling and also caught brown, rainbow and seatrout. True, the owners would have prefered that we had only caught grayling or chub but accept the inevitability of a by-catch... as long as we returned them safely. I didnt fly fish it this year, shall do next year. Day ticket outside of the normal trout season is 15 quid. My local stretch of the thames supports at least three regular flyfishermen targetting the pike and chub. OK they're not trout, but a 2lb river chub will give a better account of itself on a four weight than a 2lb 'hole in the ground' 'bow will.

Lastly whilst I know of no east london trout stream, south west london/surrey has the river Wandle. You'll even have a chance of brownies if the chub and dace don't beat them to it and on any given sunday you'll find the barbel boys out in Mitcham or Tooting rolling nymphs for the decent head of barbel that it also contains.

For the record my favourite fishery are several holes in the ground. Frensham at Churt in Surrey has just got to be the nicest environment to catch captive trout and also has a head of small native brownies in the top pond.

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'