Top Tips For Syon Park?

wozzamozza

Gerry

Nothing I like better than fly fishing for just about anything. Outside of the salmonids we don't have much to choose from up here. This year I caught Pike and Perch on the fly and next year intend to really target a loch that I know contains some very big (4lb +) Perch from my float tube :)

I also fish for Brown trout in wild lochs that only get a visit once or twice a year. I am lucky enough to have one of the best Brown trout rivers in Europe (The Don) within 30minutes drive and I also have access to some of the best beats on the Aberdeenshire Dee for salmon and sea trout, or sewin as our friend calls them.

Despite all of this one of my favourite places to spend a few hours is floating around in my tube at Haddo trout fishery catching some of the best quality rainbow trout it's ever been my pleasure to see.

Why can't we all enjoy what we are lucky enough to have without someone telling us that we are clueless budgie drowners catching pellet pigs just because we don't happen to see things his way?

He don't like it, he don't have to do it!

I'd like to meet Mr Sewinman on the riverbank, just to see what sort of budgie drowner he really is ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave

When can I come up and visit?

:D:D:D

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Any time you like Tony, especially if you can show me how to catch those Perch :D

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Practical advice eh...well try the river Wandle flowing through South London and into the Thames. It is free with an environment agency licence and hold trout as well as various course fish that take a fly. You could even come and help clean it up as a few of us do through the Jet-Set Group - pulling shopping trolleys out of the river etc. It was where Halford fished and is now alive again after years of pollution.

Further afield yet still close to London is the White Water through the Farnborough angling association - 90 quid for 3 days a week.

During the close season I fish for grayling on many of the chalk-streams - 25-30 quid for some of the finest chalk streams - Test, Itchen, Kennet all available...some of them are not stocked but you will need to find that info. out for yourself.

Happy now?

Dear Sewinman,

I am quite new to fly fishing, as I have only seriously been going out devoted this year and a half. I have been fly fishing on a tributary of the river Cam and caught ‘wild’ brown trout as well as chub and small pike. I am now at a stage where I am confident with my fly fishing approach and am very keen to learn and develop my skills. My fishing partners that I go with are also new to the sport and we are all learning together. It’s great to go to a new fishery and spend a little time chatting to the locals on their tactics and to learn from the more experienced.

The anglers that have taken the time to talk to us and pass on their knowledge, have come in all sorts. Some might be fortunate to have top of the range equipment or clothing, others like myself, make do and are comfortable and happy with this and bear no grudge or prejudice.

I really enjoy my fishing and trying new techniques and new environments. I’m sure that I will experience and develop my river fishing in the future, but for now I an happy with the challenges the lakes have to offer. And yes I did say challenges. There have been times when I have blanked, as have others around me when the fishing is hard or my approach has been slightly wrong, but that’s all in the learning process.

Thank you for the advice on local rivers.

I joined this forum to learn from others.

wozzamozza

Whatever floats your boat but you will learn a lot more about fishing if you stick to rivers, especially containing wild stock. Tactics for Syon - fast sinking line and an orange sparkly blob or booby - figure of eight retrieve. You should have your limit in an hour.

• 5 weeks later...
Whatever floats your boat but you will learn a lot more about fishing if you stick to rivers, especially containing wild stock. Tactics for Syon - fast sinking line and an orange sparkly blob or booby - figure of eight retrieve. You should have your limit in an hour.

Your obviouusly a man of great conviction and a great source of knowledge, If you shared it with a bit more heart and a little less spleen, poeple may be interested in learning something from you. :angry:

wozzamozza,

plenty of good advice on this forum mate It wont take you long to fathum whos worth learning from

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

As a coarse angler first and foremost,i would not argue about the pleasure of riever fishing-i love it.However,as good as the 'Wandle' has become,it's not exactly in the best of area's.Certainly not for fishing alone at any rate.

All credit to the people who have resurected the river.I can recall it when it ran with foam and stank of god knows what.

There are some decent put and take lakes out there-some better than others.I will say,that as a returnee to fly fishing,i have found pretty well all the anglers on these waters only too happy to share information whilst on the bank.

I'm going to have a crack at the chub,on the 'Mole next season,on the fly :D ,alas the trout are very few and far bettween.

Your obviouusly a man of great conviction and a great source of knowledge, If you shared it with a bit more heart and a little less spleen, poeple may be interested in learning something from you. :angry:

wozzamozza,

plenty of good advice on this forum mate It wont take you long to fathum whos worth learning from

Thank you for your kind advice oh great sage of forum etiquette and behaviour.

Thank you for your kind advice oh great sage of forum etiquette and behaviour.

Your Welcome ! :)

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!