Good Riddance

FearTheHands

Am I the only one on AN that has no sympathy for the waste of space named 'George Best' ?

Everyone I have spoken to about him in the last month or so agree it's all self inflicted & have no time for him whatsoever.

Would the media be so interested in any other chronic alcoholic who p*ssed his own career up the wall ??

Shame the liver was wasted on someone so self destructive.

GOOD RIDDANCE I SAY :angry:

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest @AUTUMN@

A waste of a life I must agree. But then I remember his comment about a beautiful girl on each arm. He was also a great footballer. So he didnt do so bad did he.

You shouldnt really judge anothers life m8. I would think Alchoholism isn't an easy cross to bare and he suffered for that.

Am I the only one on AN that has no sympathy for the waste of space named 'George Best' ?

A bit harsh mate, considering he's only just passed away. :(

A waste of talent, a waste of a life, a waste of a liver maybe. George Best suffered from an alcohol addiction which ultimately claimed his life.

I'm just glad we don't consider other self inflicted addictions in the same light where sufferers are ridiculed and open to remarks such as the one above.

What about the famous drug addicts who have died in the past? How many had a go at Freddie Mercury when he died several years ago from Aids - to him, his addiction killed him.

Let us not forget what made him known to millions - He was a bloody good footballer.

No, but you're definitely in a very small minority. What perfect, unblemished lives you and your friends must lead.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

What about the famous drug addicts who have died in the past? How many had a go at Freddie Mercury when he died several years ago from Aids - to him, his addiction killed him.

Let us not forget what made him known to millions - He was a bloody good footballer.

:D:D:D Apologies but that tickled me.

I didn't know Freddie was a good footballer, although he must have tackled a few balls in his time.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

I've never liked football and never will but your comments are somewhat nasty given that he has only just died.

You seem to very quick to judge him, did you know him personally?

Best may have been a flawed genius with regard to his football career but from listening to the comments made by those who knew him, it would seem he was a genuinely likeable man, regardless of his achoholism.

"Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

:D:D:D Apologies but that tickled me.

I didn't know Freddie was a good footballer, although he must have tackled a few balls in his time.

You got me banged to rights there Ant. :D:D:D

Bad grammar, I apologise! :blink:

Guest Finepix

Rest in Peace George Best, with people like this around you your probably in the best place.

Very poor taste lads, quite disappointed actually.