Good Riddance

FearTheHands

Some of us need to remember that people from all walks of life, including good selfless people, and even the scum of the world can both get sucked into the black hole which is addiction...

May i ask those who have passed judgement; do you smoke and or does anyone close to you smoke???

My grandfather passed when he was 59, for the pure and simple reason that he was addicted to smoking, and had been since he was 12 or 13. Despite that, he was a great man... I dont know what kind of man 'bestie' was, but who's to say that he deserved to die, just because the evils we have in our consumer planet, poisened him.

Tight Lines

Shaun

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fear the hands, You are entitled to your opinion and some may well agree, but who the hell are you to judge another mans life?

Please list in full your life time achievements, so that others may judge your life and pass vindictive comments.

R.I.P George and thank you for the good times.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Hi all

i also have no time for george best,he got a donor kidney didnt he

No, he didn't - it was a liver (it does make a difference). You can live perfectly well with one kidney but you can't do without a liver.

I have no time for the stupid media that have made the end of George Bests life nothing but a sideshow to his life, but I have sympathy with the man himself.

I do not and canno say good riddance to the man, but hope that the stupid media feeding frenzy will now abate quite quickly - I guess we will have to suffer some more until he is buried.

It is a great pity that the great talent he had was squandered in the alcoholic blur that his life became. But we must remember he was just another man. With all the failings that brings with it. Many of us have problems with addictions, but not many of us rise from poverty to extreme wealth and have the money to indulge our addictions to the extent that George Best did.

I am quite surprised at what I have written here as I saw the title of the thread just one place below the one entiltled "George Best has died" and thought, yes that's the one for me, but then sitting here with a blank reply box made me think about how I would feel if it was my friend, my relative, etc.

George, though I abhor the sport that you so excelled at, may you rest in peace.

And finally, shame on the Cromwell Hospital for milking the death of one of their patients in the name of free publicity. That for me is the ultimate degradation in this whole sad spectacle.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Hi all

i also have no time for george best,he got a donor kidney didnt he and what did he use it for(drinking again)

waster

dont bother trying to explain yourself stephen i know what u meant and 100%agree as i have the freedom of choice as it is the freedom of speech kidney or liver who gives a sh*t he waisted what somebody else could have lived from!!!¬!

:angry: spk soon xx

hope you've relieved yourself, coz you gonna s**t !

And finally, shame on the Cromwell Hospital for milking the death of one of their patients in the name of free publicity. That for me is the ultimate degradation in this whole sad spectacle.

Eh? I'm no fan of private medicine, but I fail to see how the Cromwell is going to benefit from this.

The Cromwell is one of Britain's leading private hospitals and has been for years.

The Cromwell has been arranging media briefings all through this shameful circus.

The Cromwell has arranged where the media will be filming. Which just co-incidentally features the name of the hospital very prominently in all camera angles.

The footage will be broadcast around the world at peak time in news programmes.

The Cromwell will receive MASSIVE publicity.

It would have been very easy to issue updates on paper. It would heve been very easy to issue bulletins without the "Cromwell Hospital" in every shot...

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Guest Ferret1959
Am I the only one on AN that has no sympathy for the waste of space named 'George Best' ?

Everyone I have spoken to about him in the last month or so agree it's all self inflicted & have no time for him whatsoever.

Would the media be so interested in any other chronic alcoholic who p*ssed his own career up the wall ??

Shame the liver was wasted on someone so self destructive.

GOOD RIDDANCE I SAY :angry:

If I died of cancer are my treatment cos I had carried on smoking would you say the same about me?

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: