River Close Season - Is it Time for a Rethink?

I'd agree to moving the closed season maybe 2 or 3 weeks later, but would never agree to a 12 month 'open season' on rivers.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

All,

"floods compensation measures" My sentiments exactly. I think the commercial carp fisheries should be compensated for the loss of livestock at a minimum. I'm glad the Trust recognizes this need.

Phone

This sort of tosh will continue to be turned out until those that want year round fishing everywhere are able to achieve it.

I'm sure you've already seen it at club level where it gets proposed for this or that water and is initially turned down but after it comes back at several successive AGMs it eventually goes through.

As Gozzer says, there's certainly a reasonable case for some minor adjustments to the timing, but not a 365 days a year free-for-all.

• Like 1

Important Information

We and our partners use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences, repeat visits and to show you personalised advertisements. By clicking “I Agree”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. However, you may visit Cookie Settings to provide a controlled consent.