Commitment To Positivety

Gaffer

I don’t know about you lot, but I’m getting sick and tired of all the bitching, sniping and foul language on this Sea Fishing forum of late. More worrying, for me, in the trend to question the decision of the moderator who has to step in and sort it all out, usually having no option but to close the thread.

AnglersNet is a privately owned forum, open to all including young and old who are new to the sport. God knows what these newcomers must be thinking when they read some of these posts! It saddens me a great deal to see people bitching, sniping and using foul languge, especially knowing that there are so many other important things going on around each and every one of us.

My question to those who can’t post a reply without it being abusive or containing foul language is why? Why spend time, effort and energy posting that kind of stuff on here, I don’t get it???

So, here’s an idea, which happens to be generations old, has stood the test of time and was passed down to me from my mother; If you haven’t got anything nice to say, then don’t say anything!

(Unfortunately, if some (very few) of you followed my mothers advice then yes, I accept that you’d have very little to contribute to this forum. Well, if that’s the case then so be it.)

As of now this Sea Fishing Forum is going to be a nice place where nice people discuss nice things about Sea Fishing. People will do their best to get along and any/all disagreements, regardless of how big or small, will be conducted in an constructive and positive adult manner with no bitching, sniping or using foul language.

I will be making note of ‘trouble makers’ from this point on and will forward any names to Elton on his return with the possible view to banning these individuals. I've had enough as I'm sure all of you have. ;)

So, lets all get along……please! ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaffer,

how can you say people WILL get on and be nice? are you going to stand behind each and every one of us as we type? i have sstated elsewhere that last night there was some premature deleting of posts and locking, when there was absolutely no reason to as the posters were all keeping within 'rules' ie no foul language and no personal back biting.

i am sorry but i for one do not agree with your statement that the slightest disagreement will not be tolerated, what happened to peoples opinions?... or are we not allowed for them to differ and we all have to see the world as covered in sugar and spice and through rose tinted glasses according to your view.

if i disagree with something i will say so, but i will not resort to vulgarities or swearing. tuff :)

Gaffer,

how can you say people WILL get on and be nice? are you going to stand behind each and every one of us as we type? i have sstated elsewhere that last night there was some premature deleting of posts and locking, when there was absolutely no reason to as the posters were all keeping within 'rules' ie no foul language and no personal back biting.

i am sorry but i for one do not agree with your statement that the slightest disagreement will not be tolerated, what happened to peoples opinions?... or are we not allowed for them to differ and we all have to see the world as covered in sugar and spice and through rose tinted glasses according to your view.

if i disagree with something i will say so, but i will not resort to vulgarities or swearing. tuff :)

I totaly agree with tugmistress, careful gaffer you dont want to turn this in to one of those boring other forums that litter the internet do you?

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Gaffer,

Hi Tugmistress,

Excuse me, but where have I ever said that disagreements will not be tolerated?

My actual words were: "People will do their best to get along and any/all disagreements, regardless of how big or small, will be conducted in a constructive and positive adult manner with no bitching, sniping or using foul language.

I have no objections to disagreements whatsoever, in fact disagreements are a good thing, especially when people respect each other and conduct themselves in the proper manner. We all learn from disagreements. However, if people want to 'rock the boat', I will lock or delete the thread and pass their name on to Elton.

Over the last week I have had over 30 Private Messages and emails asking for myself and/or other mods to look at, and deal with, posts on the Sea Fishing Forum. I have had only one other PM regarding one other problem on another forum.

Do I need or want this hastle, no, of course I don't. I will be honest though, after returning to the same thread 3 times to sort out the same people, late at night, I tend to (and have) pull the trigger a lot sooner than i normally would.

Out of interest, did you know that AnglersNet is available to children in schools? Let's be honest, the Sea Fishing Forum of late hasn't been a very good advert for sea fishing has it?

I hear what you are saying, I'm not comletely 'up my own', but you haven't seen/read all the PM's and emails I had from people, nor have you seen/read threads and posts that have been deleted.

Speaking from my own perspective, I've just about had enough of all this pathetic bitching, sniping and swearing, I don't need it, especially as all I do is purely voluntery.

So I may wear 'Rose tinted glasses' as you put it, but the whole picture isn't as black and white as you'd like it to be. ;)

Life's all about choices. ;)

I agree with Gaffer, this forum is openly viewable by anyone and therefore should not have any arguing, bitching, sniping etc, all of this should be done via email or the private messenger built into this forum.

Disagreements, we have no problem with, as different people have different opinions, but when it gets into a slanging match and people start using foul language, and attacking people personally, thats when things are out of order.

Feel free to do it over PM or email. but not on the publically viewable forums where anyone can see it.

Gaffer is right in saying that theres been over 30 reports from this forum alone, and one from another forum. This is totally unacceptable and if it carrys on I will be taking measures to prevent it happening in future, which includes moderator preview of topics and/or posts and members getting suspended. All details will be passed onto Elton for him to make the final decision when he gets back.

how can you say people WILL get on and be nice?

Tuggs no one should have stand behind any one, as adaults it is up to us to show the way.

ST and myself had a very long debate a few nights ago, we went at it giving our points of view and everything posted could be read by anyone who browsed the thread without causing offence.

Apart from this the debate had substance, I did look at the thread which was closed and to be honest it was a load of nonsense and turned into a slagging match with some raw language to say the very least.

Just because it is done in adault time it does not proclude children.

I have to give the moderators full marks for the action took.

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist