Two-Tone (again)

Pangolin

just leaving work mate will look at that article soon as(home comp is down).wot a fish a!i see one the other day i rekon 3lb plus easy,i want one never did get me a proper perch.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest allibee

Being caught 4 -5 times a year hardly consitutes a mug fish considering they are after her every single day.

One has to say re only one shot at the title, if Linford Christie had broken the 100 metres with a time of 9.6 and had become the world record holder, would you have said "tough" to him if he then did a 9.58 time?

By the way, hi everyone :)

Peter and Pang echo my feelings.From once being one of the top records to break the carp record has lost some of its magic for many. One thing I will say though is even though it undoubtedly is the case why is the capture of an individual fish held in lower esteem on its subsequent captures? when logically you could argue that the more times it is captured the more wary thus harder to catch it becomes? I have caught Two Tone when she was a lot younger and a lot smaller I was certainly glad enough to catch her then! Strange that now she is a record and lives a short distance from my home that I have no interest in trying for her again.Is that me that has changed or just the whole carp thing? :confused:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Allibee,good points but you have got to remember that on some of the hard "old school" waters around this area being caught once every couple of years constitutes a mug fish! :D

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Guest allibee

It's also said that old fish tend to come out a lot more for a while before they pop their clogs, sadly

[ 06. July 2004, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: allibee ]

Welcome to Anglers Net Ali, does Ian know you've strayed?

quote:

What I would like to see is a rule that says no individual fish may beat its own record:
So just for the sake of arguement, in the twenty years it takes for another fish to take the record by ounces, the existing record fish puts on ten pounds, still think that should'nt/would'nt be the record?

[ 06. July 2004, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Eddie ]

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

Duplicate post.

[ 06. July 2004, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: Eddie ]

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.