last day of the season

viney

Who is making the most of this weather on the last day? I've got the day off to pack as we move Saturday so I've managed to get a pass for a dawn raid at Brimpton after chub and barbel, had a quick recce yesterday and there are 4 swims that look ideal to throw up a fish or two. Fingers crossed!

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

I managed to squeeze a short 3 hour afternoon session in on Thursday before the end of the season on my local Hertfordshire stream and managed a couple beards, plus I lost another one due to faulty line. The water was still bombing through and very coloured but the temperatures were good with barely a cloud in the sky.

I'm away with the wife at present but will add pictures when I get back on Tuesday.

Keith (BoldBear)

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I would just love to have a coarse river to fish down here in Cornwall. I know of plenty of brown trout in leat's and small streams but nothing else. I've never even fished them apart from when I was a small boy with a friend and a small net, poking around in the undercuts.

• Like 1

Started coarse fishing February last year, species so far:

Roach, Rudd, Bream, Tench, Perch, Carp, Gudgeon, Eel, Crucian and a Goldfish.

I would just love to have a coarse river to fish down here in Cornwall. I know of plenty of brown trout in leat's and small streams but nothing else. I've never even fished them apart from when I was a small boy with a friend and a small net, poking around in the undercuts.

Sounds idyllic. Get the fly rod out and enjoy it!

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

When I lived in Helston in Cornwall (based at RNAS Culdrose) we had a small Trout stream at the bottom of our hill full of nice Dace with a few Roach. I used to occasionally trot a fairly slack backwater for them in between worming for small Trout for the breakfast table.

Keith (BoldBear)

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)