For Those That Want A Nice New Centrepin

Elton

I didn't and I'm still waiting for the reel to arrive :( ordered from Devon Angling Centre.

Paul

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Price promises, I go with the lower price rather than call back to the higher priced competitor! Unless, of course, the price promise is to significantly beat rather than to match!

But if a company can afford to reduce a price like that then it is charging too much in the first place!!

The joy of the internet is that we can shop around!

[ 09. April 2004, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

A word of warning for any of you people who may be thinking of ordering a new Youngs 'pin. I rang up Devon Angling Centre yesterday chasing up my reel only to be told that there is a huge backlog of orders for the reels nationally. The woman on the line claimed that one of her customers had been waiting for six months for a Rapidex, is this just this dealer I ask myself? Wish I'd rang up and asked if they actually had them in stock first. I bet my card has been debited already too. :mad:

Paul

I might just have a ring around today Peter. Cheers.

Paul

The TackleBargains promise included the clause "... and in stock for purchase on that same day"

If other retailers quote cheaper prices but do not have them in stock, as said in this thread, then the price match promise does not look quite so good.

I must add that it is not their fault and it is not a criticism.

paul

Paul_D:

I bet my card has been debited already too.   :mad:  

I'm pretty sure it won't have been - Distance Selling Regulations prevent it.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Paul_D:

A word of warning for any of you people who may be thinking of ordering a new Youngs 'pin. I rang up Devon Angling Centre yesterday chasing up my reel only to be told that there is a huge backlog of orders for the reels nationally. The woman on the line claimed that one of her customers had been waiting for six months for a Rapidex, is this just this dealer I ask myself? Wish I'd rang up and asked if they actually had them in stock first. I bet my card has been debited already too.   :mad:  

I tried to buy my Bob James reel from the same place, and met the same problem, after waiting the three months they quoted, and not ever hearing from them again I bought mine from a shop in London that had just about the whole Youngs range in stock, in fact I jumped on the train and took the oppetunity to go in and play with them all before deciding on the BJ ;-)

Not sure I should post the contact details here as this thread started off with Elton trying to make a few quid , but I'll send it via PM if you want

Mat