Storage for pike fly leaders

Jim Murray

Been looking for something to store around 6 leaders whilst fishing, each around 6' long.

Finding it a hard to find something compact for slipping into a waistcoat pocket; also has to be fumble-free, since I use the float tube a fair bit. Any suggestions?

Something like this?

It's for carp rigs but the pike won't know

Daiwa%20Mission%20stiff%20rig%20wallet.j

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I have these already for coarse fishing but the problem is they're too big - what do trout anglers use? Everything I see in the shops is either too bulky or not designed so that you can remove an individual leader easily.

I'm looking for some kind of winder, but Im now wondering if plastic wallets may be the solution, as they take up minimal space.

Pole rig winders? Can you join then end to end and wrap them round a single winder?

Or get hold of some small plastic ziplock bags and put one in each, coiled up? That's how I buy tapered leaders for trout.

Pole rig winders? Can you join then end to end and wrap them round a single winder?

Or get hold of some small plastic ziplock bags and put one in each, coiled up? That's how I buy tapered leaders for trout.

Nice ideas Steve but ease-of-use is also key since I'll be in the float tube a fair bit - I think on balance a small plastic rig wallet may be the best option.

Jim

My trout leaders are all in a small rig wallet designed specifically for the job its a bit like a small sea rig wallet and is made by Lureflash (I think it came free with a set of tapered leaders from Yorkshire Game Angling).

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Jim

My trout leaders are all in a small rig wallet designed specifically for the job its a bit like a small sea rig wallet and is made by Lureflash (I think it came free with a set of tapered leaders from Yorkshire Game Angling).

Sounds ideal Tony will check it out