Winter Pike

Newt

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done hoppy, a magnificent fish!

Excuse the bad manners of the english here who wish to put a dampener on your catch.......very bad form IMO.

You havent included me, im swedish.... ;) I agree with Argyll and i still believe that there might have been a mistake in scales, an unfortunate mix up between kilos and pounds. Btw, the fish is magnificent either way.

Fudgie's fish is a croc, but the picture is misleading as it it is held away from the body and the lens is verging on wide angle. A hard one to compare.

Hoppy, what sort of scales did you use?

Infact I would say that Fudgies fish photograph is totally misleading. Anyone know how long Fudgie's fish was?

The only thing that looked out of place to me was the "head on shot" Like I said knowing James build and the fact the fish is held close (safely) to his body has helped me be confident.

I didnt comment on the length thing as has been pointed out the metric/imperial conversion was wrong.

I will say one thing though despite several people doubting the weight claimed all of the debate has been carried out pleasantly and with no "slagging off" of James.A far cry from some other sites and some other cases.Photos can be misleading thats for sure.We all know that.

Any way I supose we will all be up for the Hoppy4 fish in!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I just had to reigister to comment on this... The very idea of this fish weighing in on close to 20 kg is...well I'll attach a picture instead that'll show my point... The pike on the left is a 19.9kg and 127cm swedish alligator caught in -97. I'll let you be the judges...

post-7833-1133710614_thumb.jpg

Well done hoppy, a magnificent fish!

Excuse the bad manners of the english here who wish to put a dampener on your catch.......very bad form IMO.

Ungracious might be a better term to have used. I didn't, personally, see it as bad manners to question the weight in the manner in which it was worded. Unnecessary perhaps, bad manners, maybe not.

However anyone else sees it, I reckon it's a cracking picture of a cracking fish, both of which I would be proud of.

The photos were taken and the fish was released back into the water. I packed up and headed home! The fish was 1 meter 15 long and weighed 20 kg. which is 44 lb. and 43in. long by our values. This may have been my last time out for this year, but then again, maybe!!!!!!!

Hoppy, may I congratulate you on your catch of your big pike.

I don't wish to comments or do care on what other anglers say about your weight of the pike. If you say the weight was an 44lber then I do believe you. I have never caught a twenty let alone a thirty or forty.

As Budgie say "Photos can be misleading that's for sure.We all know that".

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

obviously not...this is not a forum for me - this is my last post, sod off!

Admin note: it certainly is - at least for this account. Bye bye.

Newt