Piking Opportunity

Wordbender

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont worry Peter,I learnt a few things from Eddy! Ive allready got Tel's number plate!

Any way following a white transit tipper lorry towing a 'van shouldnt be a problem boiy!

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Trust me, if I could share this lake with a couple of my e-chums, I would. *

* Warning: may be a total fib.

;)

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

I might have known it, trust the Old Wise One. Technically I shouldn't give to you because it was not a cod, it was Pollock. But 10 points are on their way... :) Incidentally it was my Grandfathers old Ford Zephyr door handle, let me know when you have finished with yours :lol:

Sorry rabbit, in my poverty struck days I was known as the scourge of the car breakers. I rattled so much on the way out, that they used to search me. I found on-line some months back, someone still recommending door handles. Although where you'd find a suitable modern car handle is beyond me. Expect a Zephyr handle is now regarded as a collectors item. Following the trend for buying tackle in the USA I expect all of the better wreckers use handles from a '49 Buick.

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Any way following a white transit tipper lorry towing a 'van shouldnt be a problem boiy!

Especially since the van is olive drab, with an impressive array of T.V. aerials on it, then no, it shouldn't be!

Especially since the van is olive drab, with an impressive array of T.V. aerials on it, then no, it shouldn't be!

WhyIoughtta! :angry:

;)

Dear Gerry,

Sea fish must be even more stupid than pike. Conjures up the picture of intrepid sea anglers dragging Ford Cortina engine blocks along shingle beaches. Or ariving by car to then begin dismantling said vehicle for trolling bait. Signs outside scrap yards, " really BIG lures on sale here".

Don't worry Tel, a seasoned carp angler like yourself won't be there long enough to consider taking a mate, or a flask and sandwiches for that matter! You'll catch the lot before the pub opens and that will be you as a pike angler done and dusted. Then back to some serious fishing maybe??

Oh almost forgot Gerry, the BS have gone and locked their forum to none members. Now there's a conundrum. They go and let me in and keep all the sane ones OUT!! Blimey, perhaps I'm normal after all?

Regards,

Lee.

Sea fish must be even more stupid than pike. Conjures up the picture of intrepid sea anglers dragging Ford Cortina engine blocks along shingle beaches. Or ariving by car to then begin dismantling said vehicle for trolling bait. Signs outside scrap yards, " really BIG lures on sale here".

Rollers for skate, perchance?

Ling-coln Continental?

Aston Marlin?

I think I'd better stop before Lee thinks I'm after his 'resident AN loony' franchise. B)

Dear Tel,

Feel free to frolic matey. Thats the great thing about Anglers Net, is that it is without doubt the very best angling website around where the posters have such a wonderful sense of humour. First and foremost, fishing should be fun.

Might I respectfully ask Tel; Was the pike fishing opportunity thingy some sort of community service order passed out as a sentence by local magistrates?

Regards,

Lee