Shore Report...

Spur-Hound

NO C&R THEN? lovely!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice catch there Shaun - made the ducking you got worth it. Winter sounds like you and your mates are having pretty decent fishing down there ... good to see good catches coming from the shore!

Might give it a 2-3 hours later today of the shore to see if anythings interested, depending on how much work I get done in morning.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

geffaz when you are fishing them beaches down south or even up here in the north cand r is unbeleivably simple and its the 100% right thing to do.there isnt an argument against it.

but the varied ground up here makes it truly impossible.

a 56lb bag that is a truly fantastic bag of fish,that is one of the things that makes you put all them hours bait collecting,bringing that bait on,putting the homework in and finally catching them fish and catching them in a match when you have no control over the conditions makes it all truly worth while.

Guest Feels like Winter to me

No problem with catch and release. I practice it a lot these days when pleasure fishing. Would have released my 2 fish last night had it not meant me risking my life to do so. The club matches in these parts are not and I dont forsee a time when they will ever become catch and release though. It's not a perfect world gefaz, but we all do our bit. Taking away the catch and release issue would you like to catch 12 fish for 56 pounds in only 4 hours Geff. I know I would. Bet his arm ached winding them in.

Gillies - The fishing although it sounds excellent is infact very patchy. If you get in the right spot u do well, if you get it wrong you dont get a bite. Cloughton is about 30 mile away and has some of the best anglers around as members, every one of them is a top notch angler, they have everything right, fantastic casters, top bait etc. The majority of lads from scarborough area put our lot to shame. We are to fish them next week in a fours match - They have never been beaten in the match history. Always a first time. We owe them as they knocked us out in the semi final last year.

things change though especially in fishing my club was laughed at 5 or 6 years back when i joined there was one angler who could match the top men but weve just won the cumbria league for the 3rd time in 4 years.ive done crap this year but im back into it and weve got some up and coming anglers who are doing well.you can give some lads too much respect,one lad who id still says the best round here ,a real good angler,who no one ever slags off has just won the league,in fact he **** it

Edited by maximo

The standard of angler has improved over the years you often had the best marks to yourself during the open matches.

These days people seem a lot more clued up especialy on the bait side and its now becoming a more level playing field amoung anglers new faces are winning open matches which is good to see.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest Feels like Winter to me

Having said that BC plenty of the old faces are still winning open matches. The majority of them being from scarborough. If I think back over the last 10 years. Certain names have been there or there abouts in every single match. They are still streets ahead.

Edited by Feels like Winter to me

The standard of angler has improved over the years you often had the best marks to yourself during the open matches.

These days people seem a lot more clued up especialy on the bait side and its now becoming a more level playing field amoung anglers new faces are winning open matches which is good to see.

Big_Cod,

Do you not think its because forums and the internet have made information much more readily available. In the old days the only source of information was the tackle shop and a couple of weekly magazines with catch reports about three weeks out of date. Now you can ask on a forum and get accurate and up to date information.

All too often we see catch reports posted here from chuffed anglers who still have wet socks on from the trip :P (no mention of names shaun ;) ) Which is great to see and long may it continue. The great anglers will always be that bit ahead as reading is no substitute for experience, but it is certainly a more level playing field these days which has to be good for the sport in the long term as everyone feels they have a chance.

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

Hi fast,

I think bait is one of the main things, you can be in a group somewhere all fishing the same mark and one man keeps shining he will out fish the rest he may not be casting any further than anybody else but he is the one catching the fish,distance can make a massive difference at times but not always especially in the dark codling will often be right at your feet as winter said some of the scarborough lads are streets ahead of some of the whitby lads ,these guys travel hundreds of to get whites now there is an example when they are fishing you have no chance if you have not got any.

Also they have a very large selection of rock marks to suite most conditions hense the word scarborough but you still cant take it away some of lads i would put some of them up against the best in the country they are totally dedicated and put the time in to gather the best crabs etc you only get out of fishing what you put in.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

baits usually the main difference between anglers with sometimes a certain bait driving the fish wild and other baits untouched.experience counts for a lot as well how many times do you see lads whove had a good teacher being good anglers.

a lot of the same old faces often appear in the ne matches as well,doing the business year after year.