Stop It Now!

Guest NickInTheNorth

Guest NickInTheNorth

I am heartily sick of the sniping at one another that has taken place on this forum recently.

I KNOW that much of it is pre-meditated, and designed to wind up other people. I know some people enjoy that sort of activity.

I also know that there are certain people that are arrogant enough to believe that they know better than others about everything - including what goes on in other peoples minds.

I have no right whatsoever to post this, but feel that it needs to be said. It is time for many people that post here regularly to grow up; including some that I consider to be my friends.

Please guys and gals learn to use your ignore listing. There is no need to read posts from people that you quite clearly have no time or respect for.

As I tell my kids, if someone is doing something you don't like ignore them and they will stop. It works for them and it'll work here too.

I know that certain people will choose to believe that this is posted in colusion with other people that I know. I can assure you that is not the case. I have my own mind, and have never shrunk from saying what - I - think. Even at the risk of upsetting friends.

I agree that what has been said on these forums by certain people in recent posts has been totally in-excusable. However I believe that we are grown up enough to forgive if not forget. Maybe some apologies need to be made, but I do not feel that banning regular contributors is the solution. As I said earlier some folks need to use the ignore list more effectively.

I disagree with lots of things I see posted. I only however speak of things which I have knowledge of. Hence the limited number of posts!!

Come on folks, Tiggs, Tuggs, Sam, Steve, Davy, Norrie, n4lly, {choose your season} etc etc, you know who you are. Lets all kiss and make up. Get the talk back to fishing. Agree that we have very different experiences and expectations. Lets agree that we disagree with one another. But please!

LETS STOP THE STUPIDITY. AnglersNet has given me a great deal of pleasure for many years, and at the moment it is not doing that. The fighting and bitching belongs elsewhere.

STOP IT NOW!

And please mods, allow Sam back on board. (Or ban ALL the offending parties).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Feels like Winter to me

I agree to agree with noone nick. I will not swear again, but my posts will continue as before, If I disagree with someone I will tell them so, twas never a problem before so why now???. I take displeasure at being mis qouted, especially when it could cause trouble, so I reserve the right to challenge anyone who does so. As for Binatone, I simply ignore him, and him me hopefully. Do you agree with everyone in life????

End of issue

If that means Im banned too then so be it.

I agree to agree with noone nick. I will not swear again, but my posts will continue as before, If I disagree with someone I will tell them so, twas never a problem before so why now???. I take displeasure at being mis qouted, especially when it could cause trouble, so I reserve the right to challenge anyone who does so. As for Binatone, I simply ignore him, and him me hopefully. Do you agree with everyone in life????

End of issue

If that means Im banned too then so be it.

Like I keep saying, over and over, it's not the disagreeing that it the problem, it's the way people disagree. Everything seems to get soooo personal.

Of all the 40+ 'Reported posts' that us mods and admin have have over the last 10 days, 39 have been from the Sea Fishing Forum, doesn't that say a lot in terms of some of the people who post on here?!!!!

Quite frankly I'm sick to death of it!

NickintheNorth, I applaud your attempt to settle things down, but I wouldn't hold your breathe mate.

My list of 'people to ban' will be handed to Elton as soon as he has gone through his looooong list of emails.

Guest NickInTheNorth

all I said was lets "agree that we disagree"

Which to my mind agrees exactly with what you have just said above. No-one is asking for everyone to agree with all that is said, just deal with disagreement in a grown-up way.

I do not think the right of reply is being questioned, what is being questioned is the way it is done by a small minority.

Disagreeing is everyones right, but disagreeing with offensive remarks is the problem.

Before I registered on this angling forum I looked at several others and some were a total disgrace, AN had a much better approach and it is a shame that the small group fail to recognise this.

Like many others my grand children are taking an interest in computers as yet they cannot read to well, if they could I would be closing my account and it would not be down to one poster.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Guest Feels like Winter to me

I apologise if I was offensive ken. It was the nature of the mis quote that got my back up, It could cause a lot of trouble and clearly wasnt true, when I asked for evidence non arrived, If its true I dont mind as I always stick by what I say or will appologise if I was wrong.

Perhaps if you also got continuous short patronising pm's from another party you would be angry too. I realise swearing at him on here wasnt the answer but Ive forwrded him my address so if he wishes to continue with his crap he can do it away from here.

I was recomended this forum for the quality of the anglers that post on it.

All I have read so has ither been abusive or about gaffing large common skate.

Hardly what you would expect from whats ment to be an conservation minded forum.

Get a grip.

IM NOT AS GREEN AS I AM CABBAGE LOOKING!

or maybe I am.

I was recomended this forum for the quality of the anglers that post on it.

All I have read so has ither been abusive or about gaffing large common skate.

Hardly what you would expect from whats ment to be an conservation minded forum.

Get a grip.

Gaffing is the safest way to get a skate on board, for conservation practices by the way, not only safer for the angler, but for fish also. Davy Holt put it in a way which i cannot fault... You are using a bloody great hook which goes into the skates mouth, whats the diffrence with a self purpose skate gaff, not a great deal biiger than a hook penetrating the edge of the skate wing, causing minimal damage and absolutely no mussle tearing! If we are gound to moan about gaffing skate, i want every single person here to come up with a new way of coming in firm contact with your quarry. Ive seen on telly that string works for sailfish, perhaps we could all lassoo our catch from now on????

[slight edit, there was no need for the first sentence in your reply.... John S]

Edited by John S

Tight Lines

Shaun