Stop It Now!

Guest NickInTheNorth

SorryI thought this was a friendly place to discuss different ideas not a boxing ring.

Sorry this is obviously not the forum I was told about.

Im not causing a fight mate, its just annoying when people who have never done it say its not the right way to do it, if you see what i mean??? Its especially anoying when such an effort has been put into the conservation side of things when it comes to skate fishing...

Tight Lines

Shaun

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologise if I was offensive ken

None of the above comments were directed at individules it is a generalisation.

There are a couple of posters on here that seem to walk into things and there are a few posters who no how to make it happen.

The above then evolves into a verbal punch up and more often than not it does not include the protagonist who sit on the side lines waving flags.

Some even have the neck to start complaining when they think the time is right.

It is really sad when this happens and people either pull the plug on themselves or it is done for them.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Guest Feels like Winter to me

Hi Slayer,

Welcome mate. I think you arrived at a bad time. Things should improve before too long. Dont think spur hound means you any harm, he is one of the nicer ones here. I think you just said the wrong thing.

Perhaps Davey could do an educational post on Skate for us all?? Then those who dont already, may perhaps come to understand why the skate are gaffed before being returned unharmed to fight another day (if thats not conservation then what is !!!!). You shouldnt knock these lads as I here they know there stuff when it comes to skate.

Hope to speak with you again soon. If im not flung from the forum that is.

I saw the string thing sean on a fishing program. Ingenious.

Edited by Feels like Winter to me

For the last ****ing time!!!!!!!
Whilst things are starred out the wording is very strong to say the least and that is the subject matter of this thread.

Gaffing is the safest way to get a skate on board, for conservation practices by the way, not only safer for the angler, but for fish also. Davy Holt put it in a way which i cannot fault... You are using a bloody great hook which goes into the skates mouth, whats the diffrence with a self purpose skate gaff, not a great deal biiger than a hook penetrating the edge of the skate wing, causing minimal damage and absolutely no mussle tearing! If we are gound to moan about gaffing skate, i want every single person here to come up with a new way of coming in firm contact with your quarry. Ive seen on telly that string works for sailfish, perhaps we could all lassoo our catch from now on????

The above puts us in the picture and decribes your views more than adequately ;) and it does not cause offence to those of a more delicate disposition :D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Guest Feels like Winter to me

Unfortunate timing I think Ken. At other times that wouldnt be an issue and would have gone unnoticed as there certainly was no mailce attached.

Well I will stick with it as I was told that a lot can be gained from these forums and with the onset of xmas and deep winter I need somthing to keep me going.

IM NOT AS GREEN AS I AM CABBAGE LOOKING!

or maybe I am.

Well I will stick with it as I was told that a lot can be gained from these forums and with the onset of xmas and deep winter I need somthing to keep me going.

Its well worth it as theres a massive amount of info here and some extremely experienced anglers what can answer any question that you might have :D