Welsh Rivers - Dyfi (dovey) Or Ystwyth?

david t

Guest Brumagem Phil

You are sooooooo right paul, and when someone goes out of his way to help someone, a simple thank you wouldnt go a miss!

david wanted the location of the fish I saw, and although I'd forgotten about posting on this thread, I replied to him and he displayed bad manners by not offering a simple thanks.......I even dropped the hint by posting "your welcome" but still nothing.

By the way, if someone along one of your rivers was so bad mannered to me, he'd be going swimming himself, so don't presume to lob veiled threats in my direction thank you!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Edited by Brumagem Phil

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry phil,

you seem to think im bad mannered, well im sorry you think that, thankyou for your information, i honestly forgot to mention it, wasnt thinking, I thought i did say thankyou, but looking back i admit i didnt so i can understand why you have taken offence and think i am rude. I have obviously accidentally ruffled a few feathers, so I will leave this post.

thankyou anyway. dave.

By the way, if someone along one of your rivers was so bad mannered to me, he'd be going swimming himself, so don't presume to lob veiled threats in my direction thank you!

Veiled threats?

Oh dear. Another aspect of so many people on the Internet: paranoia.

No, Phil, whoever you are, I was merely suggesting - not just to you, but to everyone in Angling - that a bit of judicious tongue-biting and courtesy to one's fellow fishers might not go amiss now. You know, in order to do our pastime a BIG favour and make it appear to non-fishers as summat populated by sane, easy-going human beings, and not so many extremely prickly, half-barking, possibly certifiable, certainly to be pitied, trainspotters...?

Still, Dave is sorted for his fishing next year, and that's why I ventured back into this madhouse!

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Guest Brumagem Phil

david....no problems mate, consider the matter forgotten and hope the info helps.......just had a bad week of bad manners and its one of my pet hates anyway.

Paul..oh do shut up, it was nothing to do with you in the first place, but a remark to david....if you venture your nose where it didnt belong then you only have yourself to blame if it gets bitten!

In my prickly, barking and certifiable opinion anyway :P

Edited by Brumagem Phil