Anglers As Lifesavers

Zigs

How many of us have been instrumental in saving a life due to simply being there fishing & not sat watching tv?

John Storey & I had a count up & make it 9 people between us, 2 of which definately would have died & 7 who were entering the twiglight zone of make it / not make it. (or should i say shrodingers cat ?)

Lets have some tales then, but remember, the results of this thread could make a very convincing case the next time your partner objects to you putting the rods in the back of your car.

Guest Feels like Winter to me

Only person I ever saw who needed rescuing was myself when I fell in the gulley at robin hoods bay. Damn cold the north sea in january. Thank god it wasnt too deep. I got to me feet and walked out.

Only person I ever saw who needed rescuing was myself when I fell in the gulley at robin hoods bay. Damn cold the north sea in january. Thank god it wasnt too deep. I got to me feet and walked out.

seeing yourself is a sure sign of out of body experience, you must have been very close to death @whitby@ :D

I have helped yachts men out of the water before at Bradwell marina, It normally happens when they step from the boat to the pontoon to eary.

The one old boy would not except my hand to help him, to proud I think, he ended up almost pulling him self out then falling back in three times before my mate and I just draged him out, bloody heavey a full growen wet man.

IM NOT AS GREEN AS I AM CABBAGE LOOKING!

or maybe I am.

Im a qualified lifegaurd, but touch wood havent been in a situation other than basic first aid, where ive had to use it. Heard of a few club guys get washed in, im talking about a guy whos just back from Iraq no major fears at all he came along to us as white as a sheet hes never been so scared in his whole life.

In the late 70s there was 17 charter boats operating from Bradwell, they used to rescue more boats and people than the local coast guard, mainly due to just being there.

Therte are only two know.

IM NOT AS GREEN AS I AM CABBAGE LOOKING!

or maybe I am.

I have helped yachts men out of the water before at Bradwell marina, It normally happens when they step from the boat to the pontoon to eary.

The one old boy would not except my hand to help him, to proud I think, he ended up almost pulling him self out then falling back in three times before my mate and I just draged him out, bloody heavey a full growen wet man.

nearly as heavy as the divers i pulled out at ferrybridge, i suppose they put lead weights on to make it more of a challenge to the rescuer. :o

Hero Dave :D

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

14 years ago I saved two at saunton sands N. Devon. They had been drinking at a beach party and decided to go for a swim at 2 in the morning in November. managed to drag one to shore and threw him in the van and drove up to saunton sands hotel where I got the police coast gaurd and an ambulance. the other was still out in the sea and the rescue helicopter was dispatched. when the police arrived I was bretherlized and failed due to me haveing two cans of carlsberg speical brew just before it all kicked off ( I was on an allnighter not going home till the next morning) They found the missing lad clinging to the rocks suffering with exposure just in time. the one i rescued was sufering exposure and made a quick recovery.

As for the drink driving charge it was dropped due to the extream curcumstances.