Universal Pole Top Kits

ben88

Since I have broken both top kits for my pole, im after 2 new universal top kits.

the problem is im new to pole fishing and i with the range of kits avaliable e.g top 2, power 3 etc I dont know what to buy and how much i should be paying.

on top of this what sort of elastic and rig line strength is best for these situations?

im after 1 top kit for canal and silver fish work with the ocasionlal bonus fish I was thinking maybe an 8 elastic with 2/3lb bsline and a 1/2 lb bottom.

the other kit needs to be for occasional commercial fishing, maybe a 12/14 elastic. im not really sure.

any help is much appreciated.

cheers.

Edited by ben88

hmmmm really

a top 2 would be suitable for a canal with say a no6 or 8 elastic (if its just little fish even a 2 or 3 elastic)

and a power top 3 would be more suitable for 12/14

though most commercial fisheries i would go as heavy as the pole would take.

point to beware of the rating of a pole isnt restricted to just the tip sections

other advice would be take the pole sections you intend fitting a universal section to

with you when you get them. there not all as universal as they sound.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

be careful re top kits various diameter holes 11-23 mm having a mare getting some for my maver dragon carp do some for about a tenner i thik bout the cheapest i've seen around

good luck :D:D

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

My local tackle shop as them from £9 match top 3, up to £12 power top 2 or 3 always take your number four with you and get the best fit ,you will more than likely have to saw a bit off.Some good ones about.Dont go to heavy could cause your 4/5/6 sections to go, check the original rating for the pole.

A wise man learns by a fools mistakes, a fool by his own